PDA

View Full Version : HKS hi powerr or Greddy racing TI C?

ROIDMONKEY
09-05-2007, 11:43 PM
who's running HKS hi power or the Greddy TI C , just like to know how do u like it? kinda tend to go for the HKS Hi power so far.
asking this question cause im getting it next week
thanks

drftrps13
09-06-2007, 12:11 AM
got hks, its great but running na and im losing some back pressure but its ok. but i love hks. hks ftw

BattleRoyale
09-06-2007, 01:36 AM
i got the hks like it a lot a little loud, i would get the greddy, comes witha silencer i think

lazierhobo
09-06-2007, 09:05 AM
ive got the hks, its not too loud. i have no interior and no sound deadening and when your rockin on the highway it really isnt too loud, but when you romp on it its got some nice sound.

sr20boostn20
09-06-2007, 09:34 AM
ive got the hks, its not too loud. i have no interior and no sound deadening and when your rockin on the highway it really isnt too loud, but when you romp on it its got some nice sound.

u have a resonator at all? or a cat?

im running an hks hi power with no cat, no resonator its loud as a mofo

imo if you want loud, get hks, slightly more quiet down low and at idle get greddy

heres a little vid of my car idling and reving a bit, also the cams are 272s

http://youtube.com/watch?v=SdRYsa2zXaE

91rps13
09-06-2007, 09:44 AM
hks doesnt sound that loud.. it has a nice deep (raspy) sound to it.. i really like the fact that its not annoying...

i run it with a test pipe btw...

ROIDMONKEY
09-06-2007, 09:50 AM

imo if you want loud, get hks, slightly more quiet down low and at idle get greddy

If i get the HKS im leaving the resonator and no cat here in FL :). i think that was kinda loud but sounded good. i like to be kinda like wrx's STI sound
and other thing , how big is the resonator on the HKS ? it looks kinda big on the pic and car is low . one of the thing i like on the greddy is that the resonator is smaller . BTW i saw a 350z with the greddy TI C sounded very very nice
things i like about the HKS = 85mm tip compare to 80 on the greddy . i want a biggg tip . supra look and angle it look, price is about same .the HKS is 500 free shipping here http://www.hopupracing.com/hkshiex2495.html and greddy is 509+16 free shipping also http://www.hopupracing.com/grratiexni24.html

HWYKING
09-06-2007, 10:12 AM
both are real nice, i installed the greddy ti-c on my cousins 240 this weekend. its a real nice piece. nice deep tone at idle, and throaty at full throttle. full 80mm piping with no taper, and doesnt sit too low. those with the HKS know what im talking about, the resonator scratches everywhere. this greddy piece is a lil more higher. i have pics i can email if you want.

MavericStephenc
09-06-2007, 10:31 AM
roidmonkey what do you have an sr?

lazierhobo
09-06-2007, 10:33 AM
im running with a test pipe and resonator. i really dont think its too loud. i have a friend running it without the resonator, and it is a good deal louder. he kept trying to get me to trade. yeah the back of mine does hit the ground every so often, but show me one lowered car with an after market exhaust that doesn't ever hit its kinda the cost of lowering a car.

BlackZenkiS14
09-06-2007, 10:35 AM
I have a HKS Hi-Power Turbo exhaust on my S14 with Redtop SR. I like it alot. The sound is phenominal, and it looks great. However i have 2 gripes, which may not matter to some people.

1. The piping isnt full stainless like the Ti-C, but to me, it's not that big of a deal.

2. The rear flange is a huge 4 bolt flange and hangs down pretty low right next to the diff. I scrape occasionally on it, but i am pretty low.

ROIDMONKEY
09-06-2007, 10:43 AM
both are real nice, i installed the greddy ti-c on my cousins 240 this weekend. its a real nice piece. nice deep tone at idle, and throaty at full throttle. full 80mm piping with no taper, and doesnt sit too low. those with the HKS know what im talking about, the resonator scratches everywhere. this greddy piece is a lil more higher. i have pics i can email if you want.
sent u a PM with email , thanks
would like to see that pic
MavericStephenc
im buying parts for now. the engine is coming next week . so far i have a power FC, nismo 740cc inj, HDI boostcont, GT25 (mystery) to play for a bit untill i get a gt2871r, BOV,FMIC, going to get HKS step 1 cams

HWYKING
09-06-2007, 10:51 AM
sent u a PM with email , thanks
would like to see that pic

pics sent bro. let me know what you think. i was very impressed by the quality and sound. my cousins swap will be completed in oct. so we'll see how is sounds on the sr then.

MavericStephenc
09-06-2007, 10:53 AM
imo cause i run an sr also, get a full apexi gtspec system from the dp out, thats what i have

1. full stainless
2.awesome flow
3. no weird flanges
4. I also run a test pipe, and its not loud until you really get on it

,nuff said
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m19/MavericStephenc/IMG_2894.jpg
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m19/MavericStephenc/exahsut.jpg

edit:we also have similar mods

ROIDMONKEY
09-06-2007, 11:38 AM
pics sent bro. let me know what you think. i was very impressed by the quality and sound. my cousins swap will be completed in oct. so we'll see how is sounds on the sr then.
Thanks for the pics . to be honest i think it looks better than the HKS for sure . and that was what i needed to see . im sold with the greddy

BattleRoyale
09-06-2007, 04:36 PM

had a test pipe for a while was hella loud, put the cat back on and it quieted down a little bit.

i would get one with a silencer so the cops won't mess with you to much

but N1 canister style exhausts get a lot of unwanted attention

if i had a chance to choose again i would get an rsr ex mag oe looking with flat black canister

HWYKING
09-06-2007, 04:45 PM
had a test pipe for a while was hella loud, put the cat back on and it quieted down a little bit.

i would get one with a silencer so the cops won't mess with you to much

but N1 canister style exhausts get a lot of unwanted attention

if i had a chance to choose again i would get an rsr ex mag oe looking with flat black canister

you are going to get attention regardless what kind of exhaust you are running. so might as well put an exhaust on that you want. as long as you dont drive like an assclown and attract the attention you should be fine.

bardabe
09-06-2007, 04:50 PM
HKS Hi-Power FTW Ive had several exhausts. and my HKS just takes the win. I was gonna sell it a few times, but i just cud never justify selling that sweet Exhaust.

MomentumGT
09-06-2007, 04:59 PM
you are going to get attention regardless what kind of exhaust you are running. so might as well put an exhaust on that you want. as long as you dont drive like an assclown and attract the attention you should be fine.

I'll second that! Got my car in 99' , swapped in 00' and have only been pulled over once for a broken tail light. Both exhausts are really nice, but the Hi-Power is a heavy unit almost rivaling the Apexi GTSpec. I'd go with the Ti-C just because its lighter and full stainless.

-Jon