PDA

View Full Version : weird boost problem

slow240
09-03-2007, 08:52 AM
hello,
after running hard at an extended period in the rain, i suddenly experienced some sort of boost limiter. i usually boost to 15psi, but for some reason when im about to reach max boost the engine hits some sort of limiter. it sounds just like the bee-r rev-limiter only difference it just limits my boost. driving at partial throttle or anything except wot i can reach 7k without any sign of anything wrong. its just the boost gets limited at wot.

has anyone experienced this? any info is appreciated.

i have an s13 redtop, z32maf, 550cc injectors, emanage blue.

guitaraholic
09-03-2007, 11:37 AM
damn, you have what sounds like the exact same problem I have. If you find anything out let me know, I'll do the same.

Gjohnson7
09-03-2007, 12:04 PM
Stock T25???????? Blov??????

slow240
09-04-2007, 05:11 AM
@gutaraholic, sucks to not boost to the usual levels huh. i hope someone can help us with this.

i have a gtir t28 and ssqv vta, but i was boosting 16psi fine for weeks with no problems at all. and from my experience if ever i was leaking from the vta ssqv it wouldnt sound or have symptoms as i have. or is it the bov??

slow240
09-04-2007, 07:03 AM
tried the car out again tonight. surprisingly the problem is gone. i guess driving on the highway at 150kph cruising speed in the pouring rain will cause some water droplets to slip through the filter and pass by the maf. my intake is placed right behind one of the airdams on my bumper.

i hope its just that... :)

guitaraholic, try your car out after a few days, maybe the water thats causing the misfire is all dried up by then.

skylindrftr
09-05-2007, 03:05 AM
if you have a boost leak, i believe there is a sticky or faq on how to make your own home made boost leak tester...

guitaraholic
09-05-2007, 10:16 AM
Thanks for the tip slow,, actually found my problem might be elsewhere though. I moved around my Boost Gauge to share the same vacuum line as the BOV instead of the WGA, and now I am getting a reading of 15psi and more (if I let it), so its stuttering because its boosting too high and either blowing out the spark or detonating, either way, I am keeping off the pedal for now. I have the WGA hooked straight off one of the vacuum line nipples on the manifold, still getting crazy boost. Anyone have any suggestions? I do plan on pressurizing the WGA to see if it functions like normal tonight.

Koopa Troopa
09-05-2007, 10:49 AM
Water getting into your intake is just water injection.. It'll turn the drops into vapor and just super cool your fuel/air mixture.. Don't worry about water droplets getting into your shit..

slow240
09-06-2007, 12:35 AM
guitar, i think the best place to tap the boost gauge is as near as possible to the intake manifold. yeah sounds like you were overboosting, good thing your ecu cuts you off before you did damage.

koopa, yeah.. thats good after the maf. but i dont think water droplets on the hot wire of the maf is good. it could cause a spike in the maf voltage because of the sudden drop in temperature. maybe thats why the ecu suddenly limit the boost.