PDA

View Full Version : lower harness issues

bsilvias13
09-03-2007, 05:59 AM
hi i have lost my connections with the guy who sold me the swap (long story). so i have hooked and installed everything myself and its been really easy until now, i was told that my lower harness on my american 91' 240sx would work on my sr20det redtop swap but i have only found one connector that works the rest are just hanging there, can someone send me in the right direction? also there is a sensor just in front of the starter with a single yellow wire hanging what is this sensor and where does it hook to. please bare with me this is my very first sr20det buy and swap.:newbie:

unicoladron
09-03-2007, 07:25 AM
the sensor connector with the one yellow wire you are referring to is the oil pressure sensor, it doesn't really sense the pressure bt it's more of an "idiot" light in the cockpit. are you using a USDM manual or a/t harness?

unicoladron
09-03-2007, 07:27 AM
and why the fuck are you up so early on labor day?

bsilvias13
09-03-2007, 08:26 AM
I am using the usdm harness from my 5spd ka24de and I'm up because a drifter I assume would chose finishing his car over sleep and drinkin lol I would hope so anyway and ur saying I don't need that sensor really right? and what do the rest of the plugs go to and what do I use and not use the speed sensor is the only one that pluged in I have 2 more plugs comin off the sr tranny but don't know what they go to and I also assume the rest don't get used.

brian m
09-03-2007, 08:51 AM
I am using the usdm harness from my 5spd ka24de.

Take the sensors off your old transmission and put them in place of the sr sensors. Then you can plug in your USDM harness.

unicoladron
09-03-2007, 10:53 AM
i think he's right ^^ but if you went from KA manual to SR manual i'm pretty sure everything would lline up, R240NA would know this, you should try summoning him. but i went from AT to MT and i dont' have a worknig speed sensor right now, just a tachometer. but it's normal to have extra plugs, the FSM would help you in this situation.

props for choosing your car over drinking, i'm neglectful in that aspect :) i'm at work right now with a horrible hangover