PDA

View Full Version : s14 keyless entry problem

240meowth
09-01-2007, 04:01 PM
So I just got a s14 and the keyless entry thing doesn't work well even after i changed the battery on the remote, i have to walk really close and keep pressing the button for it to work. so what could bee wrong? and how to fix it?

thanks

Drifterxxl180
09-01-2007, 09:09 PM
When you are up close can here the actuators in the doors moving if not the may be bad or not getting the voltage to trigger the lock. Need a little more info.

Is the piece factory or aftermarket?
If aftermarket can you get the manufacture's model number?
Does it have remote start and or alarm?

www.audiotogo.net

240meowth
09-01-2007, 09:35 PM
it's factory stuff i, or it looks like it, the remote says nissan on it. basically i have to get really close and stick my hand infront of the windshield to work. the actuators are working everything works fine, just sometimes i have to stand infront of my car for half a minute keep hitting the lock button or the unlock button before it works.

98koukile
09-01-2007, 09:44 PM
Buy a replacement on ebay, its a smaller, better remote and works just like factory

Drifterxxl180
09-01-2007, 09:55 PM
I probably wouldn't do ebay for something like that I would look further into it to make sure that it is the key fob first then if so replace with oem maybe more costly but is Oe rather than aftermarket.

240meowth
09-01-2007, 10:17 PM
could it be something's wrong w/ the alarm? like is there an antenna that's on the alarm? what does this module look like? i think it's hiding under the b-pillar window...