PDA

View Full Version : Ka S14 Help!!!!!!!

JDMwannaBE
09-01-2007, 03:14 PM
im installing a KA into my friends zenki S14. his was knocking really bad, and we had an extra so i said i would do it for him. the thing is, the stupid thing is an automatic, and have never worked on an automatic 240sx. my problem is, after installing the engine and trans and bolting everything up except for the drive shaft i tested the shifter to see how it felt. it was locked in place so i turned the key to the on position and pressed the brake but it still wouldnt move. my question is, is the locking mechanism in the shifter electrical? because i dont have the battery hooked up yet. Or have i done something wrong? the only thing i touched as far as the shifter goes was the nut that holds the shift linkage(if thats what its called) to the transmission. so i dont think i did anything wrong. also i havent put any trans. fluid yet. i dont know if this would affect the shifters ability to move or not, i just though i would state the fact. thanks for any help you can give me, im kind of on a deadline. thanks again.