PDA

View Full Version : Alarm with Tomei Ecu help..

BillyTheChamp
08-31-2007, 10:22 PM
im getting an viper 791 alarm installed at best buy since i work there and get them cheap.. since i have a tomei ecu will that affect anything with the install.. it does have the remote start/turbo timer feature.. and it's a 95 se with a s13 redtop.. set for a z32 maf and gt2871 .63 .. will remote start be a problem?

chuonthis
09-01-2007, 01:09 PM
The only thing I had to get to in the ECU area for my install was the neutral indicator wire (green/orange) and the tach wire (didn't want to pull out my cluster). If you're going to wire up the remote start, please do it right and wire everything on the remote start harness: neutral safety switch to the toggle switch to the green/orange ECU wire, tach wire to tach wire, brake wire to brake pedal sensor, hood pin to hood pin, and status to relay to clutch pedal sensor. Each of those wires provides a safety feature in using the remote start. Don't just ground the neutral safety switch or you could hurt someone, you want to turn on anti-grind, you want to be able to stop it with your brakes, you don't want to remote start with the hood up, and you don't want to just bypass the clutch pedal sensor!

Well, that's how I did mine.