PDA

View Full Version : JDM 180sx analog climate control to digital climate control

heiyuu
08-30-2007, 09:07 AM
Hey guys!
I have a 180sx with analog climate control and I want to swap over to the digi one. Now I read through the how-to swaps on here and nico but they are all instructions for 240sx with regular non-auto controls.
My Q is basically what is needed for me to go from analog to digital? Seeing as how on the analog controls there is a temp setting [20c - 25c - 30c] and an "auto" fan option, it leads me to believe I already have the sensors and motors and stuff.
Would it be as simple as removing the analog unit and replacing it with a digital control unit? Are there any parts/features that the digital one has which the analog doesn't? Are the harnesses different?

Thanks in advance,
Alan

projectRDM
08-30-2007, 09:30 AM
You should have all the sensors but the plugs could be still be different for the unit itself. Remove it and see.

mrmephistopheles
08-30-2007, 11:01 AM
Would it be as simple as removing the analog unit and replacing it with a digital control unit? Are there any parts/features that the digital one has which the analog doesn't? Are the harnesses different?

Thanks in advance,
Alan

I can confirm that the digital unit has different plugs when compared to the analog unit.
I tried plugging in a digital unit to my analog system, and while it lit up, I had NO control over it. IIRC, the analog system has 2 plugs while the digital has 3 (or vice versa).

HWYKING
08-30-2007, 11:20 AM
is there a complete write up on how to do this conversion? my buddy and i have been having issues with his. :-/

heiyuu
08-30-2007, 12:32 PM
3 plugs vs 2 plugs. So will having also the digi harness solve this issue or is the problem deeper than it looks?

chuonthis
08-30-2007, 12:57 PM
is there a complete write up on how to do this conversion? my buddy and i have been having issues with his. :-/
If you're talking about USDM analog to JDM digital, someone just posted a new write up last week. http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=154426

heiyuu
08-30-2007, 09:16 PM
I can confirm that the digital unit has different plugs when compared to the analog unit.
I tried plugging in a digital unit to my analog system, and while it lit up, I had NO control over it. IIRC, the analog system has 2 plugs while the digital has 3 (or vice versa).

Where u able to get it to work somehow? A local guy with a 89 ca18det 180sx bought a digital climate control but is now selling it. I am guessing it's because he had the same 3 to 2 plug problem.

mrmephistopheles
08-30-2007, 09:41 PM
If you're talking about USDM analog to JDM digital, someone just posted a new write up last week. http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=154426

That's not what we're discussing. We're discussing the transition from analog auto climate control (only available in J-model cars) to digital auto climate control.

Where u able to get it to work somehow? A local guy with a 89 ca18det 180sx bought a digital climate control but is now selling it. I am guessing it's because he had the same 3 to 2 plug problem.

I never put any effort into it. If I'd had access to the harnesses I might've.

s13lover93
08-30-2007, 10:53 PM
sorry to get off topic, but where could you get the digital one? never seen them around

heiyuu
09-05-2007, 10:39 AM
sorry to get off topic, but where could you get the digital one? never seen them around

from a JDM s13/180sx type 3 made after 1992

Back OT: Anyone know what is needed to convert a JDM analog cc to digital cc?