PDA

View Full Version : srd20

GreekGuy
09-05-2002, 02:11 PM
If i get a srd20 into my 91 240sx. Will it be hard to pass inspections in N.C. thanks.

Yoshi
09-05-2002, 02:20 PM
Okay Fratboy, how about u do a little research or use that nifty "search" feature?

Of course first thing you need to know is the correct engine code: SR20DET

Things to get you started:
- if you really know that little about hte engine, you'd better seriously rethink getting one put in, i'm guessing that if you don't even know what engine you're talkin about, chances are you're not skilled enough to do the maintinience on your own (you can forget about taking it to normal mechanics once it's in there)
- the SR20 is not legal period.  It's not DOT certified, as well as the hundreds of related state statutes that encompass legalizing it... another reason you'd be on your own for maintinience
- emissions - sniffer tests you'd probably be okay (unless a really bad install happened) visual test (if there is one in NC) you're screwed.
- check out www.unstablehybrids.com and www.heavythrottle.com and do some reading... don't just rely on something you read in SCC or something to get you through, I know a guy who actually thought he had everything he needed to know from the stupid mag, needless to say, he's been w/o his car for several months while he saves enough $ to have a shop fix his half ass install.
- use the search! look for keywords: sr20, sr20det, emissions, wiring harness, etc... also look for the same things at freshalloy.com if you haven't already.