PDA

View Full Version : why did this happen???

george marrero
08-28-2007, 12:45 AM
so i had my ka24de taken apart and i noticed the little butterfly plates in each intake runner where the manifold is bolted to the head and i removed them off of the the shaft that they were screwed on to and i put it back together without the plates and it ran like shit so before i start to take it all back apart to put the plates back in is there anything that i can do to get it running right it wont even idle it fluctuates like if it had cams or something between 300 to 800 rpm up and down and then it stalls out but for now im planing to get it going with the little plates so if someone knows please help :bash:

Sileighty_85
08-28-2007, 09:54 AM
so i had my ka24de taken apart and i noticed the little butterfly plates in each intake runner where the manifold is bolted to the head and i removed them off of the the shaft that they were screwed on to and i put it back together without the plates and it ran like shit so before i start to take it all back apart to put the plates back in is there anything that i can do to get it running right it wont even idle it fluctuates like if it had cams or something between 300 to 800 rpm up and down and then it stalls out but for now im planing to get it going with the little plates so if someone knows please help :bash:

Sooo Your saying your KA has ITB's??? (Indivdual Throttle Bodies)

well more than likey cuz of taking off the Butterfly Valves its F'n up your A/F ratio at idle (your getting more Air @ idle) so your AIC & ECU are trying to compensate

Dream240
08-28-2007, 02:10 PM
IT HAPPENED CAUSE YOU'RE A COMPLETE IDIOT WHEN IT COMES TO WORKING ON CARS.

Why the hell would you remove those???? They're connected to your swirl control valve. It is an idling component that, when removed will cause your car to run like crap.

There's absolutely no reason to remove these, none.

EDITED: REMOVED INFO - RUSS SAID IT ALL.... :)

Better yet...you're local, sell your car to me and I'll give it a good home with a knowledgable owner. Plus it'll help keep another 240 where it belongs, out of "Riceland".

sheesh....

projectRDM
08-28-2007, 02:27 PM
Actually, no. The SCVs are part of the 91-early 93 intake manifold, designed to help lowend power since they use the more aggressive camshafts. They can easily be removed for less restriction without any ill effect, as later 93-98 models don't have them at all, and amazingly there's a million writeups and detailed instructions all over the internet explaining how. As long as the two open ports to atmosphere are plugged, you're fine with removing it.

Sadly though, to the OP, your one big ass sentence without a shred of punctuation, capitalization, grammar, or even intellect tells me you're not only the stupidest fucker on Earth, but your mechanical skills are on par with a tree stump and you have no clue what you've done or how to fix it. Sell the car, buy a gun, place it in your mouth, and pull the trigger. You'll be doing us all a favor.

Sileighty_85
08-28-2007, 03:22 PM
^^daaammmmnnnn^^

daryl337
08-28-2007, 04:11 PM
my head hurts from reading that...

george marrero
09-01-2007, 10:12 PM
THE REASON I TOOK THEM OFF IS BECAUSE I HAD A GTS COUPE WITH A 3SGTE WTH THE SAME TYPE OF PLATES, I REMOVED THEM AND THE CAR RAN WEY BETTER
IT HAPPENED CAUSE YOU'RE A COMPLETE IDIOT WHEN IT COMES TO WORKING ON CARS.

Why the hell would you remove those???? They're connected to your swirl control valve. It is an idling component that, when removed will cause your car to run like crap.

There's absolutely no reason to remove these, none.

EDITED: REMOVED INFO - RUSS SAID IT ALL.... :)

Better yet...you're local, sell your car to me and I'll give it a good home with a knowledgable owner. Plus it'll help keep another 240 where it belongs, out of "Riceland".

sheesh....

nka203
09-01-2007, 10:24 PM
go back to school plz.

MavericStephenc
09-01-2007, 10:35 PM
english class 101 FTW.

go back to school pass gen. ed classes. After that begin taking apart lawn mower engines and learn from there.

also one might suggest to give that 240 a good home the two stated above should be good keepers.

george marrero
09-01-2007, 11:12 PM
SO TODAY I SPENT THE WHOLE DAY WORKING ON SILVIA AND ONE OF THE THINGS I DID WAS PUT THE PATES BACK IN THE INTAKE RUNNERS
WELL THE AFTER MATH WAS NOT THAT GOOD IT STILL IDLED LIKE SHIT AND FOR NORMAL DRIVING IT WAS BETTER BUT BEFORE WHEN I DID NOT HAVE THE PLATES IN IT WOULD ABSOLUTLY RUN LIKE DOG SHIT FROM 1000 RPM TO ABOUT 2900 THEN AFTER 3100 IT WOULD THEN THE RPMS WOULD FLY UP FAST BUT ONCE I HIT 6500 IT LOSES POWER WHITCH IS NORMAL FOR THE KA DE BUT NOW WITH THEM BACK IN SIL FEALS WAY SLOWER SO ALL IM CONCERNED WITH IS GETTING IT TOO IDLE RIGHT AND WHEN I AM IN ANY GEAR CRUSING BELOW THREE THOUSAND RPMS WHEN I LET OFF OF THE GAS AND RPMS DECELERATE I GET BACK ON IT I JERKS LIKE A TEN YEAR OLD KID LEARNIG TO DRIVE STIK SO I AM FORCED TO DOWN SHIFT THEN UP SHIFT SO I DONT KNOW WHERE I SHOUD START AT BUT INSIDE THE INTAKE PORTS VALVE STEMS AND MANIFOLD IS ALL BACK LIKE THE EXHAUST SIDE SO IM THINKINKING IT COULD BE SOMETHING IN THE DRIVABILITY SYSTEMS AND OR AN INTERNAL MECHANICAL PROBLEM SO CAN SOMEONE PLEAS GIVE ME SO ADVISE ON GETTING THIS KA24DE RUNNING RIGHT THANX FOR READING:newbie:

Dream240
09-02-2007, 08:29 AM
Sounds like you have the same problem I'm having with mine.

Do you know how to pull codes? Sounds like you might have a faulty TPS(throttle position sensor).

Pull the engine codes(if you can do that without killing yourself) then get back to me.

I think that's all the direction you can handle at this point. Any more and you'll probably have an anurism.

ThatGuy
09-02-2007, 08:38 AM
Turn off the damn CAPS LOCK and learn how to use punctuation.

yokotas13
09-02-2007, 09:01 AM
and its not a silvia damnit

george marrero
09-02-2007, 07:12 PM
I TESTED THE TPS, MAF, ECT, AND I STILL HAV THE O2, CRANK ANGLE, AND THE CRANK TO CAM TIMING ALSO I WAS WOUNDERING IF ANYONE HAS A PRECISE PICTURE OF THE CAM SROCKET POSITION WITH NUMBER 1 CYL AT TOP DEAD CENTER OF COMPRESSION. Oh sorry about the typing i thought this was a sight that im able to obtain usfull information for my silvia not to be critisized. So the tests that that i did were in spec so now im going to flash some codes out from the ecu, I also was going to take it to an old shop i used to work at and use my old bosses modis.

george marrero
09-02-2007, 07:22 PM
i have the silvia font end i just like the ka better than all of the jdm moters:mephfawk: and its not a silvia damnit

ThatGuy
09-02-2007, 07:38 PM
It's still not a Silvia, it's a 240sx.

If you are looking for information for your 240sx then you need to do it in a manner that can be easily understood. Typing with Caps Lock on and not using any punctuation makes it rather difficult to understand.

If you can't take criticism, you may want to seek advice elsewhere.

babowc
09-02-2007, 07:47 PM
that still doesn't make it a damn silvia.
Shut the hell up and your questions have already been answered about the butterflies. If you didn't plug your holes that the butterflies left open to atmosphere, cover those and come back.

I didnt even bother reading your posts as it got me angry by just looking at it.

How about learning to spell!?

/END thread.

nissanguy13
09-02-2007, 08:04 PM
and its not a silvia damnit

Damn and all this time I've been thinking all these 240sx' with Silvia front ends were Silvias. I'm just going to end my life now. :cry: :doh: :keke:

!Zar!
09-02-2007, 08:32 PM
Damn. This thread is all types of fucked up.

http://www.mrsikhnet.com/hello/1328287/400/Nihang_Picture_-_huge_turban-2006.02.16-13.21.57.jpg

jesuchristo
09-02-2007, 09:25 PM
I got a hat like that, ima wear it to work one day when its not so hot. He got that shit from that place down san pablo, they sell silvias there too.

smurfgcr
09-02-2007, 09:52 PM
plug up the ports with jb weld. port it out. simple seal. punctuation is an awesome tool as it seperates one sentance from the other thereby making it easier to read and comprehend.