PDA

View Full Version : Oil on dip stick bubaly...

Berzerker
08-27-2007, 09:11 PM
Ok i was searching for a while, and could not find a definate answer, i just changed my oil and started up the car, and the oil on the dip stick is bubaly, and smells like gass.

Its a ka-t
440cc injectors and set really rich b4 i get it tuned, i was wondering would it be safe to drive to get it tuned? What should i do?

bardabe
08-27-2007, 11:14 PM
nah man, i say get it tuned. you are running so rich its going into the oil thats a perfect way to kill your engine, it happened to me. get her tuned ASAP> and change that Oil and oil filter. last thing u want is the engine getting too hot and catching on fire.

-Juan

Berzerker
08-27-2007, 11:32 PM
I only driven the car about 5 miles since boosted because I dont have her tuned yet, ben sitting in garage 2 oil changes as of today. Il try again tomarow, damn that oil is not cheap lolx but once i start herup again she will get fuel in the oil, and i neeed to drive 30 miles to get to the shop to get it tuned... Im wondering should i risk it or not lol...

ROTTEN EGG
08-28-2007, 02:16 AM
tow it.

msg length...................

Berzerker
08-28-2007, 04:32 PM
Ok so i was running really rich because i had low throtle set on -20% and it should be around -39% by the calculation, but if i set it to -39 it barely idles a/f is on like 17-19 and as the car warms up more it gets leaner, could it be that my injectors bad? should i try to put in stock ones, to see if they will idle? also my high throtle -25 but that wont matter for stock injectors if i dont go into boost? and floor it at idle quickly?

bardabe
08-28-2007, 05:41 PM
Tow her to the tune shop, get her tuned, Uhaul's are only like 30$. its cheaper than a motor, you won't regret it.

Berzerker
08-28-2007, 06:26 PM
ya that is what im doing :S