PDA

View Full Version : my life is over!!

drifting_changed_mylife
08-27-2007, 11:09 AM
so after spending all week working on my car, im on the brink of insanity.. i dont know wherer to start....

1. it takes me forever to get the car on.. i changed the spark plug, spaced then to the proper spacing (.7) but still no spark

2. i put in a walbro fuel pump and i hear it working, i also put a sard fpr in and i barly get and gas

3.when i finaly get the car on after counless trys. i fill but the block with smoke! (white smoke)

4. just got a new battery and the thing is dead after a few hrs of cranking it. i think the car has a bad ground somewhere cuz the ground thats on the manifold sheild sparks every know and then and turns red hot

... i dont know guys, im thinking maybe i fucked up on re-wiring the harness and its sending fucked up signals everywhere. i might just get a brand new harness and put it in and if that doesnt work...... i think im getting a mini van, getting married and having kids. ending my life that way:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

maybe im being a baby but its hard working on ur car, and not seeing any progress...

give me some ideas guys

steve shadows
08-27-2007, 11:13 AM
buy an evo

theres nothing wrong with just buying a car already put together for performance.

tdub377
08-27-2007, 11:16 AM
Check the crank angle sensor. Also check the CAS wire in your harness.

drifting_changed_mylife
08-27-2007, 11:30 AM
buy an evo

theres nothing wrong with just buying a car already put together for performance.

belive me if i could have afforded one, i would have gotten one already lol

drifting_changed_mylife
08-27-2007, 12:26 PM
Check the crank angle sensor. Also check the CAS wire in your harness.

i changed it 2 times already idk what to do next

Slidin240Wayz
08-27-2007, 12:28 PM
Sark plug at .7?

I hope you are kipping.

It supposed to be .032... if you have an sr. .7 is still crazy wide.

Vision Garage
08-27-2007, 12:30 PM
What car and motor is this buy the way? Sr swapped and you did the wiring yourself?

mestizo
08-27-2007, 12:36 PM
More info about your setup would help, but from the little bit you wrote it sounds like a serious wiring issue. There should be no sparks coming from you ground cables and they should never get red hot. My advise is to disconnect the battery and go over every inch of wiring to make sure nothing is shorted out or hooked up incorrectly. In this case a multi meter and the FSM's are your freind.

Sileighty_85
08-27-2007, 12:42 PM
if its an Sr swap ripp out ur harness and send it to Yury @ wiring specialty for like 90 bucks he'll fix yo shit, I had him do my wiring and Ive never had a problem, I dropped my Sr in and had it running on the 2nd day with no prob

drifting_changed_mylife
08-27-2007, 12:47 PM
oh sorry guys yeah its a sr20det blacktop stock everything. and yeah i did most of the wiring myself

drifting_changed_mylife
08-27-2007, 12:54 PM
if its an Sr swap ripp out ur harness and send it to Yuri @ wiring specialty for like 90 bucks he'll fix yo shit, I had him do my wiring and Ive never had a problem, I dropped my Sr in and had it running on the 2nd day with no prob

who is this yuri?? more info please! im desperate

2ilvia
08-27-2007, 01:08 PM
yes it sounds like a loose starter wire or similar

ps. youd probably get more response with a title like (sr not running right) not that emo slang

Sileighty_85
08-27-2007, 01:08 PM
"Wiring Specialties (http://www.wiringspecialties.com/info.html)" click it, Shoot him an email about your delema and hell take care of ya
being an S-14 Black top maybe little bit more though

lazierhobo
08-27-2007, 09:54 PM
blacktop is still s13 tho

A Spec Products
08-27-2007, 09:58 PM
Don't give up

The satisfaction you get when you finish and figure it out will be worth it

Take your time, maybe just take a breather and go watch movies or something and then come back to the car fresh

opponheimer
08-27-2007, 10:00 PM
same thing just happend to me, a contact on my ignition switch on the opposite side of the key lock cylinder melted off from a short. bought a new one and it was fixed.. Take your steering cover off and check it.

Irukandji
08-27-2007, 10:07 PM
Way to be a drama queen about it. Just take a breather.. it's just a car...
your life isn't over

95s14sr
08-27-2007, 11:33 PM
one of my friends had the same problem with his s13 sr red top. He ended up replacing the ecu and wiring to fix it.

jskateborders
08-28-2007, 12:07 AM
dude you need to get out of cars now if your life is over because of wiring issues. Id hate to see you wen something really bad happens to your car.

azndoc
08-28-2007, 12:12 AM
Man something like this shit happens to me everytime I work on my car.

I get mad, but my friends always calm me down and eventually I just have some patience and get it done.

You won't get anywhere by being mad or fustrated.

GL

rob3725
08-28-2007, 04:07 AM
white smoke...ok....check ur oil...make sure there is not gas in ur oil please...my car just got done doing sumthing just like this...ended up being a short in the harness frying my ecu and causing my engine to throw massive amounts of fuel into my engine washing all the oil off the cylinder walls and actually blowing the seals on my turbo also...ended up getting a blitz ecu and brand new harness off of ebay there's a guy who sells brand new harnesses they're not from nissan but hey jeff at heavythrottle recommended me to them and it was worth every penny(like 200 and some shipping) but make sure u need it first...check ur ecu for any codes also

rob3725
08-28-2007, 04:09 AM
also check ur injector o rings...and check for coolant in the oil...blown hg would cause white smoke if im not mistaken

drifting_changed_mylife
08-28-2007, 07:38 AM
i may be over reacting just allitle lol

but seriously guys, thanx for all ur help. its greatly appreciated.

i luv u guys :love: :hug: :hug: (no homo)