PDA

View Full Version : s13 overheating

civics suck
08-20-2007, 12:51 AM
i recently did a motor swap in my 240.everything seems to have worked out fine and the engine runs pretty well.only problem is its been overheating. within 2-3 minutes of driving, the temp gauge goes all the way up. i have already replaced the thermostat, and the water pump.and made sure there was plenty of coolant.but it is still overheating. i know its not just the gauge messing up, cause the engine is really hot after i get done driving. any idea of what else it could be? thanks:ugh:

nassin31spr
08-20-2007, 05:03 AM
I didnt bother posting up a thread because alls you have to do is click on that word that says SEARCH and enter bleeding coolant, or overheating and you will get a million threads.

los_inc
08-20-2007, 06:26 AM
you prolly have a sweet air pocket in your cooling system
-los

unicoladron
08-20-2007, 07:36 AM
yeah bro something similar happened to me, i did bleed my coolant system per the FSM, but one day i forgot taht i had taken off my turbo coolant line and a shit load flusehd out, the next day i got it running again, and the shit went crazy hot and i burnt myself on the top coolant hose. all i did was bleed the system and top the coolant off. just open the bleed valve on the top water neck and run the engine with the rad cap off and keep filling.

civics suck
08-20-2007, 07:46 PM
ok..so i opened up the little bleed plug, took off the radiator cap, and ran the engine until it warmed up. the radiator was already full with coolant, but i added water if it went down at all. i noticed air came out of the bleed hole(?) when i removed the bolt. i let it run and sat and waited for coolant to flow out of the hole..but it never did. after it warmed up..it only started to spout out every couple seconds. i waited for probably 5 minutes, with the temp gauge at mid temp, and still..no coolant was flowing out. any suggestions? :confused:
thanks

undesiredshoe
08-20-2007, 08:12 PM
do you have the upper and lower lines connected right??

civics suck
08-21-2007, 12:03 AM
do you have the upper and lower lines connected right??
---------------
yep

nassin31spr
08-21-2007, 11:15 AM
Search. Your still not doing it right. If you continue your going to do some real damage.

civics suck
08-22-2007, 09:17 PM
thanks for all the advice..
but yeah..turns out i have a blown head gasket. :bash:

or atleast thats what the shop i took it to said.
but im gonna get a second opinion.
i dont think i have a blown hg..theres no smoke coming out of my exhaust..and my oil looks fine.
but oh well..