PDA

View Full Version : Q's for APEXI N1 Dual knockoff on ebay

gtstwincam
08-19-2007, 06:23 PM
*HOW IS THE FITMENT ON THE S14 240SX? IT SEEMS TO FIT OK ON THE S13S FROM WHAT I READ*

I was looking to buy the SSAC N1 Dual on Ebay but they have disappeared.

I did a search on the forum and read all the reviews..

The cons I read were:

1. HEAVY
2. Low to the ground
3. An extra unneeded flange has to be cut off.
4. Sits close to the driveshaft.

Pros:

Sounds nice as HEII.

However, searching on Ebay turned up two exhaust styles in the N1 Dual.

The true APEXI N1 Dual AND
a brand called FOCUZMOTORSPORTS?

Is this FOCUZMOTORSPORTS like kind and quality as the SSAC?

This is my last resort for a review before bidding on this item.

Hopefully i dont make a mistake buying something not worth it.

My stock muffler has a hole in it.

MY budget is $250 and a catback for $240 on ebay was very attractive to me.

Pls advise.

MrChow
08-19-2007, 06:29 PM
How about you save up and buy something that's real. Or you can look on our sale forums for used ones.

Brand new HKS Hi-Power are around $390 + shipping.

SexPanda
08-19-2007, 06:30 PM
Before you do that (your OP, not what MrChow said) go to some local muffer shops and see how much they'll charge for a built-on-the-spot setup. I got 2.5 inch piping to a magnaflow dual tip exhaust and a magnaflow hi-flow cat installed and built for 350 bucks. Thats magnaflow too, its expensive. Im sure you can get a better deal than that.

Phlip
08-19-2007, 06:40 PM
Man, I bought a "resonator" (quotation marks for a reason) and a muffler, both 3" from Summit and got a system done how I requested in a muffler shop willing to stand by their work...
That is the ONLY way I was comfortable not unassing the cash necessary to just out and buy an exhaust.

gtstwincam
08-19-2007, 06:55 PM
I really like the sound of the knockoff n1 dual.

kinda like a wrx or something.

I just dont want to have a catback done at a muffler shop, not knowing how it will sound.

Ill probably get some quotes tomrrow.

ZX88
08-19-2007, 07:23 PM
mine is a knock off and it sounds decent the welds are also pretty nice. i only got it because i knew once i got coilovers it would get destroyed with in the first week. n1+ more than 2 inch drop= dent and scrape city. well for at least for me

id probably buy a nice dual tip oval muffler for my next car.

Bushido
08-19-2007, 10:57 PM
why spend 400+ bucks on an HKS exhaust... an exhaust is pretty hard to fuck up... i bought a single canister n1 style from ssautochrome and its fine, exactly the same as an apex. survived a Canadian winter- no rust on the welds... doesn't hang too low or too close to the drive shaft.
most things you should only buy from reputable companies, like suspension parts... but knockoff exhaust doesn't bother me.

vincem
08-19-2007, 11:22 PM
i have the apexi n1 duals and i love it. it's heavy, and it also hangs low, but that's nothing a set of new exhaust hangers can't fix.

here's a video of how it sounds...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOtrIyphvQ8

!Zar!
08-20-2007, 02:41 AM
Apexi dual N1's are THE biggest piece of shit exhaust in existence.

SSAutoCrap is better that the apexi's.

But that isn't saying much. Check out A-spec. And build a custom setup.

gtstwincam
08-20-2007, 02:42 AM
i have the apexi n1 duals and i love it. it's heavy, and it also hangs low, but that's nothing a set of new exhaust hangers can't fix.

here's a video of how it sounds...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOtrIyphvQ8

Now thats an exhaust sound I like.

I cant find SSautochrome...all thats avail on ebay is FOCUZMOTORSPORT brand.

!Zar!
08-20-2007, 02:54 AM
Now thats an exhaust sound I like.

I cant find SSautochrome...all thats avail on ebay is FOCUZMOTORSPORT brand.

You know what I hear when I listen to that?

The designers of that exhaust laughing as they collect revenue from unsuspecting people for an exhaust that is heavier than stock, rusting, breaking hangers; leaving holes in the canister/piping, rubbing the driveshaft and, slapping your diff. That's after you redo your exhaust bushings. lol. I wouldn't run that if someone gave it to me.