PDA

View Full Version : s14sr clicking under dash and high idle

sbanzer123
08-19-2007, 04:11 PM
i was driving my car the other day and i noticed that it was making a weird clicking noise that seemed like it was coming from under the dash and it sounded near the switch that dimms the gauges. no when the car makes this clicking noise and im as a steady throttle driving it makes a very slight jerk that only i can feel through the pedel. the pasenger cannot feel it. also scince this started my idle will be higher then normal sometimes. instead of being at about 800rpm's it will be at about 12-1300 and sometimes it will come back to 800. and it recently started having kinda hard starting problems. not that it doesnt start it just doesnt start as quickly as it should. today i went to start it and it started and it had a really choppy idle like it was going to stall, and when i would rev it up black smoke came out of the exhaust, and that has never happend to this car. does anybody have any suggestions? im pretty sure its something electrical but i have no idea what under the dash would cause this. by the way my car is a s14 with a s14 sr. any help is appreciated. thanks.