PDA

View Full Version : Idle drop - s14 ka

adictd2b00st
08-16-2007, 11:42 AM
hey guys...... first of all, i do have a CEL, pulled the codes and they are knock sensor and rear o2, i have both on the way so those will be cleared up hopefully this weekend. but not sure if its not related because when i clear the codes from the ecu i still get this problem for the 10 minutes or so until the CEL comes back on.

Anywho, car drives smooth, idles smooth when its warming up, but as soon as its into normal operating temp whenever i put the car in neutral the rpms dip down to about 500.... the problem gets worse when theres a load on the system ( headlights, brake pedal depressed etc) and at nite it will even drop down to like 300 or so and want to stall, altho it has yet to do so. If i put the a/c on the car will idle dead steady at 1000rpms and not drop below that at all. but if the a/c is on at nite with the lights on etc, i still get the funky idle problem of dropping to ~500rpm or so.

Is this related to the 2 codes i'm getting? or entirely seperate problem? i added some ground wires hoping that would clear it up, but it didn't seem to make any difference. fwiw i also did plugs/wires since the old ones looked like they had been in there a while.

adictd2b00st
08-17-2007, 06:27 AM
noone has an idea?

RUTH'LESSDET
08-17-2007, 07:27 AM
I have the same problem but my idle goes up and down from 500-900 rpms shit pisses me off

adictd2b00st
08-17-2007, 07:40 AM
well that was alot easier than i thought it would be..... played with the idle screw a lil bit and it was fine the whole way into work. i never knew that screw was towards the firewall on the intake mani :ugh:

bo2o
08-17-2007, 07:49 AM
sounds like ur got vac probs a lil clean your iacv.

also check the hoses on egr usually the bottom one crummbles.

thats what happen to me and it was fixed right after i fixed the hoses.
take pix of when you change your knock.