PDA

View Full Version : awwww wtf i hit a wall and now steering sucks

amplifi3d
08-14-2007, 07:17 AM
i left my parking brake(genius) on and when taking a turn whilst it was raining my car kissed the wall perfectly with the front driver side wheel. Aside from the curbage and alignment being off what is the mostly likely thing to be wrong/broken with the car? The rack? Tie rod? I know alot of people haven been in accidents and im wondeirng has anyone got into a similar situation. Oh yeah, steering takes WAY more effort even at higher speeds and my yanack steering rack bushing probably didn't help this situation.

daryl337
08-14-2007, 07:33 AM
control arms, rack, tierods, tension rods. Usually those all get bent depending on how hard you hit.

On a lighter note.. lemme get this situation straight.. you were driving your 240 in the rain... around a corner.. and your Ebrake *happened* to be on? :P :)

trybal
08-14-2007, 08:29 AM
street drifter in the house!! with a failed attempt to cover it!!

jrocslider
08-14-2007, 08:39 AM
we know ur ok but what about ur wheels?????????? jp but yeah if ur still rockin those meisters hope nothin happened to em.

K's_silvia s13
08-14-2007, 09:06 AM
street drifting is the best when it rains but not till u hit something lol...yeah jack it up take the wheel off look for any suspension part that bent or broken.

Vision Garage
08-14-2007, 11:18 AM
Daryl got it. Check those components and start replacing. Tie rods and control arms would be the first ones.

spirit
08-14-2007, 04:01 PM
Does uncontrolled fishtailing in the rain count as drifting?

I did that once till the tire kissed the curb and it stopped. (Haven't had that happen since I got rims and tires.)

Just hit up an alignment shop; They will let you know if something is fubar.

amplifi3d
08-14-2007, 07:11 PM
street drifter in the house!! with a failed attempt to cover it!!

I said I wasn't trying to drift when it happened, I was drifting before however. About 30 minutes prior I was practicing dori-ing on this wide road. I got tired, took an on ramp not realizing my ebrake was on and the rear end kicked out.

5t341tH
08-15-2007, 01:20 AM
wwell just take off ur wheel and check. i crashed into a curbed before and surprisingly little damage was taken.
i had to replace my LCA and tension rod on the driver side. everything else was fine

articdragon192
08-15-2007, 01:24 AM
tie rod end, both inner and out
sway bar endlink
control arm
tension rod
tweaked crossmember