PDA

View Full Version : S15 Hid fitment help

wasabe718
08-11-2007, 11:01 AM
hey guys i need some help. i just bought a hid conversion kit for my s15 headlights and for some reason when i went to go get them installed they said that there was a fitment issue with the bulb and the projector. they kept telling me that the bulb will touch the projector. i also bought another pair of hids from a different company but i got the same response. can anybody help me...

silnismo
08-11-2007, 01:38 PM
are they h1 bulbs??

wasabe718
08-11-2007, 07:48 PM
yeah they are..thats the weird thing. their both h1 hids and they touch the lens. do you know of any company that sells the hids with a perfect fitment?

silnismo
08-12-2007, 11:18 AM
i got techone h1 HID's and they say they fit directly, im installing my h1s soon.

FinalDrive
08-12-2007, 11:30 AM
the cutoff shield on s15 headlights doesn't give enough clearance for rebased bulbs...meaning that when you put that bulb in, it hits the cutoff shield before being seated properly

OptionZero
08-12-2007, 12:29 PM
drop in HID kits suck anyways

do a retrofit or OEM hid's from an s15 (which are for rhd)

wasabe718
08-13-2007, 10:00 AM
ahh i knew i was buggin. ok so does anybody how i can get my hand on a retro fit or a oem hids? without having to buy the oem s15 headlights with hids cause those are about $2500...plus i have another friend who did the hid conversion with a drop in kit but the fool doesnt remember how he did it or which kit he used. does anybody know how i can still make that happen or will i just be wasting my time....

oh i also checked out the techone website and i see that the h1 bulb they have is different to the one i have. the bulb looks shorter which will allow it to close.

Pakua
08-13-2007, 10:42 AM
I would say to you to stay away from kits, for the sake of other drivers on the road. Kits usually produce unwanted glare and hot spot on the beam pattern. Best thing to do is buy some tsx projectors from ebay or hidplanet and retrofit the headlights yourself. I have done it on my s13 and s15 headlights with great success. If your confident in doing some fabrication the job is not to hard, it took me about 1-2 days to retro my s15's spending about 6 hours total.

golfer17
08-13-2007, 11:00 AM
drop in HID kits suck anyways

not on kouki headlights they don't.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/2050000-2050999/2050793_113_full.jpg

as good as the cutoff is on my stock projectors, i can't see any reason to spend uber amounts of money for a retrofit.

ixfxi
08-13-2007, 01:38 PM

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/2050000-2050999/2050793_113_full.jpg

as good as the cutoff is on my stock projectors, i can't see any reason to spend uber amounts of money for a retrofit.

no, your headlamps suck. you should consider doing a REAL HID CONVERSION.

but you're probably lazy, and dont care. what_evar.

pbcstylez
08-13-2007, 01:44 PM

your hotspots suck! your beam pattern is no where near even, although i am rocking the same setup as you, i would not recommend it to anybody else

dops13
08-13-2007, 01:55 PM
your hotspots suck! your beam pattern is no where near even, although i am rocking the same setup as you, i would not recommend it to anybody else

What he said, get some stanley/koito projectors. As for the s15 hid fitment, you're going to be out of luck because most aftermarket hid bulbs will be similar if not the same. You can take apart the headlights and see if you could move the shield forward, but if you're going to do that you might as well just change out the projectors.

wasabe718
08-13-2007, 02:57 PM
thanx everybody for the help , especially mike at clearcorners. im going to try and figure something out...anymore feedback with the subject will def. help out. again thanx everybody

FinalDrive
08-13-2007, 03:27 PM
You can take apart the headlights and see if you could move the shield forward, but if you're going to do that you might as well just change out the projectors.

you can't move the shield forward... the shield and front projector housing are 1 piece on s15 lights. note the black piece in this old ass cell phone pic

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/2123/4493003558933002fv3.jpg

S13Dreamer
08-13-2007, 05:40 PM
whatever you do, DON'T cut the shields off. the rocket scientist that previously owned my s15 headlights cut them off to fit a HID kit. now the light pattern is all messed up. the cut off now is in the shape of a cowboy hat. it's the most retarded pattern. i was told you can put washers between the housing and the HID to make it work. but honestly, i don't know how well that is going to work. sounds too ghetto for me...

I would say to you to stay away from kits, for the sake of other drivers on the road. Kits usually produce unwanted glare and hot spot on the beam pattern. Best thing to do is buy some tsx projectors from ebay or hidplanet and retrofit the headlights yourself. I have done it on my s13 and s15 headlights with great success. If your confident in doing some fabrication the job is not to hard, it took me about 1-2 days to retro my s15's spending about 6 hours total.

How hard was it for you to retro fit the TSX projectors into the s15 headlight? i wanted to change mine out too but didn't know which projector would work.

ixfxi
08-13-2007, 09:16 PM
thanx everybody for the help , especially mike at clearcorners. im going to try and figure something out...anymore feedback with the subject will def. help out. again thanx everybody

no problem mah brotha.

remember, there are folks who do things right, and then there is everyone else. examples:

no, you dont cut the shield.
no, you dont use washers to space the housing apart
no, you dont push the shield forward (even if you could, its a stupid fuckin idea)
no, you dont fuck around with these bullshit rebased retrofit kits from china.

actually, you know what. for those of you that are stupid and like retrofit kits, here is some SPAM that I received today.. just to show you how frequent these shitty parts are available by the BOATLOAD and how cheap they are to manufacturer - afterall, they arent built properly - so they're defective goods if you ask me.

--------------

GuangZhou LianCheng Electronic-Technology Co.,Ltd
Tel:+86-20- 37621958-EXT-115
Fax:+86-20- 37667966
Email:[email protected]
MSN:[email protected]
Http://www.lchid.com

Dear purchasing manager,
Hello!How is your business? We hope it is progressing satisfactorily.

We as a R&D manufacturer of HID, GPS, and HID spare parts. We can surely offer you good quality, reasonable and good services. Some prices are as follows:

POWER VOLTAGE ART.NO PRICE WARRANTY YEAR
35W 12-24V BAL-10 $57 1-3
55W 12-24V BAL-9 $72 1-3
35W 12/24V BAL-1 $49 1

We would glad to inform you that the bigger order, the cheaper price!
Enclosed are some pictures and website for your reference. Please let us know if you need further information.
Wish you have a good day.
We are patient to look forward to your reply. Thanks!
Yours faithfully,
Marketing Department
Vivian Lee
GUANGZHOU LIANCHENG ELETRONIC TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD
Room601 Building3, NO.56 of ShuiYin Road, Yuexiu District Guangzhou Guangdong China
TEL: 0086 20-38800966/ 38858306 FAX: 0086 20-38863843
Homepage: Http://www.lchid.com
E-mail: [email protected]
MSN: [email protected]

look through their website, enjoy buying crap parts.

ixfxi
08-13-2007, 09:20 PM
and just incase anyone is going to say "hey mike, thats not nice.. thats racist.. you dont like chinese?" fuck that shit. this has nothing to do with color or nationality. BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT...........

there are a few things that arent right, but ARE right.

for example, why is it that i just HAPPEN to receive 419 scam emails from nigeria?

another example, why is it that i just HAPPEN to receive weekly emails from china offering knockoff goods at super low prices?

and, i have chinese friends.. and nigerian friends - that shit has nothing to do with them. i just think that there needs to be a certain change. folks in china, build better shit. once you do that, i'll stop making posts like this. folks in nigeria, quit asking me for money - i'm just as broke as you are. only difference is i work for a fuckin living.

wasabe718
08-14-2007, 11:05 PM
yup its true. im here trying to build a sexy car and i rather do this thing the right way. Again i gotta thank mike and i called heavy throttle but they dont do mechanics anymore they only sell swaps..thanx again thought they told me what they problem might be and as we speak its at the shop. I will keep in touch with you if i need any help cause good advice is hard to come by especially in the east coast. thanx again man

dops13
08-15-2007, 04:26 AM
you can't move the shield forward... the shield and front projector housing are 1 piece on s15 lights. note the black piece in this old ass cell phone pic

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/2123/4493003558933002fv3.jpg

In this case, it's time to retrofit.

Pakua
08-17-2007, 02:25 PM
How hard was it for you to retro fit the TSX projectors into the s15 headlight? i wanted to change mine out too but didn't know which projector would work.[/quote]

Its not hard at all, like I said took about 6 hours total. Basically you are cutting out the oem projector leaving you with a bracket. Drill some holes for the tsx's and measure everything from depth of projectors, side to side alignment, and mark on the bracket where the cutoff line of the projector should be, use washers and lock-tite for the screws (don't want to take the headlight apart cause something came loose). Not to hard but pay attention to the details, hardest part in alignment of the cutoff (use the cutoff line marks you made on the bracket as a reference then align on the car), this should be done with the headlights installed on the car so you get the actual fitment correct (although do not assemble the whole headlight till your satisfied on the alignment). See, that wasn't that hard now was it?

RUTH'LESSDET
08-21-2007, 10:25 AM
Talk about being techincal....wow I have a drop in kit and it looks great but my beam pattern in not perfect but damn it looks great