PDA

View Full Version : SR complete loss of power at steady throttle!!!

CSXTacy
08-09-2007, 04:51 PM
OK so i have finally gotten to enjoy my first s13 240sx build and now it has a hicup. Back ground 89 240sx hatch with a redtop sr motor basic bolt on mods fmic,full exhaust, intake etc. last thursday i went out for my second night of drifting, BTW it was a blast! and after a hour or so of sliding it around i started to head home THATS WHEN IT STARTED HAPPENING. i was driving on the interstate in 5th gear about 3k rpms when all of a sudden it felt like the car totally stalled out i felt the engine cut and when i stepped on the accelerator nothing happened the throttle reading on my S-AFC read 100% but my car did not accel at all no boost was made and it did not climb any rpm. it started to decel i let off the throttle and pressed it again... nothing happened this time i just keep my foot on it and all of a sudden it came out of its trance and pulled hard all the way to red line. now the next day driving it to work it did the same thing about every mile or so only this time i found that when it died out if i shifted down a gear it would instantly come back to life. the car doesn't completly shut off or anything it is just a total loss of engine power. does any one have a idea of where to start???? i have checked the archives but cannot find anything relating to my situation. oh i have replaced the tps thinking this was the problem but it is still acting up. sorry for the long post i just wanted to get every detail in. hopefully some one has a direction to send me!

thanks every one!!!!!

Bad40r7
08-10-2007, 09:10 AM
MAF loose? Just a thought

CSXTacy
08-10-2007, 11:16 AM
ill have to check that out when i get home thanks

unicoladron
08-10-2007, 11:54 AM
this might sound left-fieldish, but i recall someone havign a similar problem (wierd random bogging, idle was fine tho) but just replace your CTS, it's inexpensive, and prob needs to be replaced anyway since you're using an older redtop.

CSXTacy
08-13-2007, 12:43 PM
ok i checked the maf connector and it is solid. i just bought a ect and will install it after i leave work thanks for the tips! anyone else have any input?? i will take all the help i can get!!! thanks again!

CSXTacy
08-14-2007, 03:43 PM
anyone! HELP ME!!!!!

Flybert
08-14-2007, 03:47 PM
You probably have an exhaust leak that's screwing with your o2 sensor. Unplug the O2 sensor and the problem should go away. O2 sensors only function on steady throttle to help with gas mileage. I had the exact same problem one time and I fixed it like that. Now I don't even use an o2 sensor because it hardly helps with gas mileage anyways.