PDA

View Full Version : redtop harness: 2 wires with same colors. Which one to wire?

ROTTEN EGG
08-09-2007, 04:38 PM
Ive read numerious guides including heavy throttle and FRSprot guides (yes i searched)

s13 redtop going into 1990 s13 coupe.

on the sr harness (ecu end) there is a white plug that comes out of the "L" bend between the ecu plug and firewall.

the sr plug doesnt plug into the chassis side (more wires bigger clip)
so i cut the plug off the sr harness and go about matching colors (correct me if im wrong). Many wires left from the sr harness which ive taped up but there are 2 wires that im consufed about.

PIC
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b330/itzgordon/wires.jpg
the wire on the left with the wires exposed are from the KA plug. the 2 wires on the right are from the sr harness. all have the same colors dont know which to wire.

also there is a blue wire left on the KA plug. useless?

projectRDM
08-09-2007, 07:07 PM
Your description is for shit but it sounds like you're talking about the white dash plug above the ECU.

orange- start signal
yellow/red- tach
yellow/green- VSS
blue/black- coolant gauge
blue/green- A/C signal
black- ground

Nothing else is connected.

EnthusiastMan
08-09-2007, 08:55 PM
As R240 stated, ONLY connect the wires that the guide tells you to. If it doesn't list the wires DO NOT try and connect them. The rest of the wires left over on the dash connector are used for the consult connector. Unless you want to hook the consult up, FOLLOW the guide.

projectRDM
08-09-2007, 09:49 PM
Actually, the SOHC cars don't even have a CONSULT connector, but they do go to the diagnostic plug above the fusebox, which is a different protocol than the SR and wouldn't work anyway. Adding a CONSULT port would require actually cutting one from a DOHC chassis.

ROTTEN EGG
08-10-2007, 01:15 PM
to clarify this plug is not the white dash plug located at the ecu. I got a pic to help.

not the white dash plug that is supposed to be on the end of these wires.
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b330/itzgordon/ecuclip-1.jpg

im talking about this plug
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b330/itzgordon/Lclip.jpg

ROTTEN EGG
08-10-2007, 01:29 PM
these are the wires i was able to match up.

black
yellow/red
yellow/white
yellow/green
green/black
white/blue

i still have these left

on the KA plug
blue
green/red

SR harness
green/red X2
the rest of the stuff has no where to go on the KA plug so im not going to boher asking about those. do i wire the green/reds on the sr harness to the single green red on the ka plug? or do i just not touch them at all?

ROTTEN EGG
08-11-2007, 01:51 AM
maybe an automatic sr harness? can someone confirm?

projectRDM
08-11-2007, 11:31 AM
Auto. That goes to the ATC.

ROTTEN EGG
08-12-2007, 02:57 AM
can i just tape them up and leave it alone? i traced the wires and all the essential ones seem to run back and pin into the ecu. im running 5 speed.

projectRDM
08-12-2007, 08:31 AM
Yes, cut it all out and throw the plug away.