PDA

View Full Version : Power FC and BEE*R

vbl
08-08-2007, 10:20 PM
hi everyone, i try to install Bee*R into my SR20DET Redtop. I have Power FC, is this effect anything to my Power FC. Is install for my Bee*R going to be the same with other installation. Please help me, i dont want to burn my PFC. Thanks

Full-Lock
08-08-2007, 10:40 PM
A earth grounding issue has to be resolved if a vehicle is fitted with an aftermarket APEXi Power FC unit. This grounding issue is due to a lack of a ground terminal in the APEXi unit. The REV LIMITER uses the ground signal to cut off the ignition signal from the ECU. Since APEXi Power FC is a piggy back computer, and manipulates the original engine parameters' signals from the ECU before re-routing these modified signals to the vehicle individual engine components, a separate grounding signal is required from the APEXi Power FC. Once this grounding issue has been resolved, the REV LIMITER will be able to function as it is intended to be.

bwalker240
08-08-2007, 11:30 PM
Since APEXi Power FC is a piggy back computer

You are confused - the Power FC is a stand alone engine management system that completely replaces the stock ECU.

Time for some new mods Zilvia.

playastarkz123
08-08-2007, 11:47 PM
wow "time for new mods"....pwned

!Zar!
08-09-2007, 02:58 AM
wow "time for new mods"....pwned

Shut up unless you have shit to say that is of use.

You don't need the Bee*R rev limiter; assuming that's what you're talking about since you didn't specify...

The Power FC's have built in rev limiter settings.

I know for sure the Pro has an ignition based limiter.

I'm not sure on the regular ones. I know they have a rev limiter also but it might be fuel cut based which would be pointless.

You don't need to worry about the Bee*R limiter affecting anything though.

As long as you program and wire everything properly you have nothing to worry about.

kuramaya
08-09-2007, 03:39 AM
Question is which Bee R product are you referring to?

rps13drift
08-09-2007, 04:38 AM
Shut up unless you have shit to say that is of use.

You don't need the Bee*R rev limiter; assuming that's what you're talking about since you didn't specify...

The Power FC's have built in rev limiter settings.

I know for sure the Pro has an ignition based limiter.

I'm not sure on the regular ones. I know they have a rev limiter also but it might be fuel cut based which would be pointless.

You don't need to worry about the Bee*R limiter affecting anything though.

As long as you program and wire everything properly you have nothing to worry about.

Normal power fc's do not have an ignition based rev limit. Its still a fuel cut off with in some cases is dangerous. For my ppersonal build i opted for a msd dis-4 with soft cut rev limiter and also 2 step launch control.

kuramaya
08-09-2007, 04:44 AM
Normal power fc's do not have an ignition based rev limit. Its still a fuel cut off with in some cases is dangerous. For my ppersonal build i opted for a msd dis-4 with soft cut rev limiter and also 2 step launch control.

I keep mine set at 7200 for the track 7600 for daily

vbl
08-14-2007, 10:14 PM
hey i dont understand what u guy mean Power FC have to separate earth ground. I need more info, please help, thank you

sean350z
08-15-2007, 07:38 AM
From what I read on other sites....

Yellow Wire - 180* pin on ECU

Green Wire - 1* pin on ECU

Red Wire - 12V IGN pin on ECU

Black Wire - Ground pin on ECU (On PowerFC's you may need to add an extra earth from this pin to the chassis for extra grounding).

---------------------------------------------------------------------

When my Power FC reaches rev limit it cuts fuel and my A/F ratio spikes to 13:1 under high load :bite: . I need a rev limiter and am thinking about going with the MSD unit.

vbl
08-15-2007, 01:32 PM
is this pinout for Redtop ECU?

SILVIA_KIDs14.5
08-17-2007, 07:44 AM
you guys wouldn't be able to help me out would ya i need the 180* wire color and 1* wire color for an s14 Blacktop i have the bee*r rev limit to havin troble with install and i searched but couldn't find anything

wonkuuzenki
08-17-2007, 08:09 AM
GTFO^. fag.

It's not that hard to stick some wires into a ecu. if you cant do that you should not own a s-chassis. What your asking about the wire colors was said above.

sean350z
08-17-2007, 09:12 AM
Because I like positive rep and it's Friday and I'm bored at work... S14 Zenki SR20DET
http://lh5.google.com/Sean350z/RsW6XSK2iRI/AAAAAAAAAGA/6yAIzTyPxGc/s800/revlimitter_S14SR20det.jpg

SusanR34
08-17-2007, 10:21 AM
Power FC Does Have REV LIMITER settings in the RPM System menu. Also, there is no Ignition Based Cut Rev Limiter, the Rev Limiter is Fuel Cut based in the Power FC. The only way to add an Ignition cut based Rev Limiter is to install some type of Ignition Cut system. I personally am not too familiar with the BEE*R stuff.

This is per Masaki at in Apexi. I spoke to him this morning.

Apexi PFC Dealer & Tuner
Susan
Adrenaline Motorsports Inc
www.adrenalinexxx.com (http://www.adrenalinexxx.com)

Full-Lock
08-17-2007, 10:49 AM
Time for some new mods Zilvia.

rofl im not a mod you faggot

SILVIA_KIDs14.5
08-17-2007, 12:58 PM
GTFO^. fag.

It's not that hard to stick some wires into a ecu. if you cant do that you should not own a s-chassis. What your asking about the wire colors was said above.
hey jackass no one said any thing bout a ecu code or chassis code so up urs :mrmeph:

SILVIA_KIDs14.5
08-17-2007, 12:59 PM
Because I like positive rep and it's Friday and I'm bored at work... S14 Zenki SR20DET
http://lh5.google.com/Sean350z/RsW6XSK2iRI/AAAAAAAAAGA/6yAIzTyPxGc/s800/revlimitter_S14SR20det.jpg
good looks will help alot thanks

wonkuuzenki
08-17-2007, 09:36 PM
hey jackass no one said any thing bout a ecu code or chassis code so up urs :mrmeph:

Your a fucking tool. just shut up.

SILVIA_KIDs14.5
08-18-2007, 05:48 PM
could any one tell me why it would just cut the engine like its being flooded could the unit i have be screwed up?

bwalker240
11-18-2007, 09:57 AM
rofl im not a mod you faggot

Good thing too since you obviously have your head up your ass and advise people with total bullshit information.

murda-c
11-18-2007, 10:12 AM
Good thing too since you obviously have your head up your ass and advise people with total bullshit information.

and you saying he is a mod isn't bullshit?

way to go, tard.

MegasquirtCA
11-18-2007, 10:39 AM

good job on bringing back a 2 month old thread that has nothing to do with the thread just to bash him :mrmeph:

bwalker240
11-18-2007, 12:28 PM
good job on bringing back a 2 month old thread that has nothing to do with the thread just to bash him :mrmeph:

hahahaahhhhhaaaaaaa

ThatGuy
11-18-2007, 12:43 PM
bwalker, pull your head out of your ass and learn what a Mod looks like. No need to bump this thread just to talk shit.

This is over.
:lockd: