PDA

View Full Version : Boost Solenoid wires

guitaraholic
08-08-2007, 11:52 AM
I was told that the thing that on the bracket with the ignitor chip is the boost control solenoid. My question, the pair of wires that are bunched with the ones for the ignitor chip that go into the Boost Solenoid; What is the purpose of these wires? I was told that the solenoid limits boost to 7psi. Do these two wires send any signal to the ECU about boost pressure (ie for fuel compensation). I'm planning on putting in a MBC. If so,, then are these wires unnecessary? Thanks for the help

Sileighty_85
08-08-2007, 12:06 PM
I was told that the thing that on the bracket with the ignitor chip is the boost control solenoid. My question, the pair of wires that are bunched with the ones for the ignitor chip that go into the Boost Solenoid; What is the purpose of these wires? I was told that the solenoid limits boost to 7psi. Do these two wires send any signal to the ECU about boost pressure (ie for fuel compensation). I'm planning on putting in a MBC. If so,, then are these wires unnecessary? Thanks for the help

Right but dont get confused with the EGR Valve. the one you want is the silver metal one. But yeah the wires are the power for the vlave just unplug it and route the Vac. line accordingly

guitaraholic
08-08-2007, 01:03 PM
ok, so its my understanding that the plug just provides power to the solenoid, and no feedback to the ECU?

On a side note, so there are RWD Sr20det's w/ EGR,, I am taking those are the Australian ones?

BTW,, thanks for the reply

Sileighty_85
08-08-2007, 01:16 PM
Right The Stock Boost Solieniod does Not send signals to the ECU
Nope the Japanese SR20's are equipped with EGR Vlaves , the solendiod is right next to the Boost controller it has some weird knob on it and it green