PDA

View Full Version : hks ssqv ver 2 question

Bobafreak
08-07-2007, 12:44 PM
So i noticed my bov isnt doing the stars wars laser noise anymore but pressure is releasing out of it. I looked inside of the bov itself and notice it seems ok. im holding boost(which is only 5psi t28 turbo).So i slapped on a knock off hks ssqv ver 1 model and notice its not doing the same thing either. anyone know what could be the problem? It was fine before i dont know what happen.

!Zar!
08-07-2007, 02:27 PM
The only thing that makes the sound is the plastic insert. So if you recirced the system or took that plastic piece out then you won't get the sound.

Either that or your pressure source isn't right. Are you T-ing off of the fuel pressure line?

Bobafreak
08-07-2007, 04:16 PM
The only thing that makes the sound is the plastic insert. So if you recirced the system or took that plastic piece out then you won't get the sound.

Either that or your pressure source isn't right. Are you T-ing off of the fuel pressure line?

yes i am. Thats whats i dont understand the plastic peice is still intact along with the other knock off. My real hks bov was fine for the past week or so then i drove it to the store and notice it wasnt working. i can hear it a tad when i shift around 7 8 just barely.

sr20boostn20
08-07-2007, 04:29 PM
get a tial, and call it a dAY, but then you definatly lose all loud noise capabilits

Bobafreak
08-07-2007, 04:32 PM
yea right now its quiet. im trying to stick to a full hks setup thanks though.

GSXRJJordan
08-07-2007, 04:59 PM
Don't Tee the BOV off of anything, it should have it's own vacuum line. BOV 101 here.

Bobafreak
08-07-2007, 05:14 PM
Don't Tee the BOV off of anything, it should have it's own vacuum line. BOV 101 here.

lol cool any suggestions where to then?

Silvia_S13
08-07-2007, 05:25 PM
boost more, if i shift at 6psi i dont hear shit but air. shift at 14psi and i get a nice star wars sound.

Bobafreak
08-07-2007, 05:34 PM
boost more, if i shift at 6psi i dont hear shit but air. shift at 14psi and i get a nice star wars sound.

thats what i dont understand it was fine before why now should i have to boost to 14 for it to work when it was fine at the 5psi?

Silvia_S13
08-07-2007, 05:38 PM
who knows. bov's are weird. could be gunked up a tad and now not opening as much as it was before... 5psi aint shit son, turn that shit up.

and do not tap the bov vac source from ANYTHING. should have its own source above the throttle body. what motor u running?

Bobafreak
08-07-2007, 05:53 PM
who knows. bov's are weird. could be gunked up a tad and now not opening as much as it was before... 5psi aint shit son, turn that shit up.

and do not tap the bov vac source from ANYTHING. should have its own source above the throttle body. what motor u running?

sr blacktop ill show a picture of where its running from give me 5 min. yeah im a bitch 5psi is whack but my suspension is shitface its blown shocks with rs-r's on it. (bought the car that way.) Im waiting on the stance. till then im not upgrading no more mods till suspension. i wanna be safe not sorry.

Silvia_S13
08-07-2007, 06:05 PM
5psi? is ur shit blown? lol stock without that solonoid is like 7psi atleast. but even that wouldn't make my bov chirp loud enough. u really only need like 2 vac sources on ur sr20... frp goes to the one closest to it, and ur bov can run off the one above the throttle body.

one below the throttle body can be ran to ur wastegate or capped off.

MomentumGT
08-07-2007, 06:05 PM
The version 2 ssqv has vacuum pipe on the back side of the unit. This piece is plastic and easily pops of when the bov gets up there in age. Check to see if its loose. Happened to me before so I went ghetto and jb welded the plastic piece back on and had no problems since.

-Jon

Bobafreak
08-07-2007, 06:21 PM
as it stands now.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v28/djdaze/IMG00095222.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v28/djdaze/IMG000966666.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v28/djdaze/IMG00098.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v28/djdaze/IMG00099.jpg

Silvia_S13
08-07-2007, 06:24 PM
the fat ass black hose going to ur charcoal canaster, remove that, and remove the canister, and run that vac line to ur bov. and put ur vac line for the fpr back without a t

Bobafreak
08-07-2007, 06:28 PM
The version 2 ssqv has vacuum pipe on the back side of the unit. This piece is plastic and easily pops of when the bov gets up there in age. Check to see if its loose. Happened to me before so I went ghetto and jb welded the plastic piece back on and had no problems since.

-Jon

hmm really i owned it for 2 weeks geesshhh are you talking about the black plastic peice which is branded "sequential blow off valve"?. its still covered under warranty(sp eng) im taking it tomorrow.

MomentumGT
08-07-2007, 06:32 PM
hmm really i owned it for 2 weeks geesshhh are you talking about the black plastic peice which is branded "sequential blow off valve"?. its still covered under warranty(sp eng) im taking it tomorrow.

I'm talking about the vacuum fitting on the back side of the bov (small little plastic pipe). It has a tendancy to come loose. Mine was still lodged in so everything looked normal till I accidentally dropped a light tool ont the hot pipe and it gently popped off like the cheep plastic unit it is.

-Jon

Bobafreak
08-07-2007, 07:02 PM
I'm talking about the vacuum fitting on the back side of the bov (small little plastic pipe). It has a tendancy to come loose. Mine was still lodged in so everything looked normal till I accidentally dropped a light tool ont the hot pipe and it gently popped off like the cheep plastic unit it is.

-Jon

ahhh i gotcha. no. its fine. im gonna try what silvia was talking about and see what happens my only concern is taking out the canister. the only line that is that t'd is the blue vac hose which is connected with the fpr that goes to my bov which is t'd connecting to the boost gauge. the other black "fat ass line" next to the intake manifold its self more to the right connects to the wastegate.

Bobafreak
08-09-2007, 01:18 PM
welll guys the problem has been fixed. We took the hotpipe off and my boy lee noticed that the actuator was loose (therefore not getting any boost at all) this whole time i was getting nothing but air. The c clip that connects to the actuator was off. After installing the c clip the car is now boosting at 5 correctly and pulling like it should. Thanks again to lee. sky and uno.

ohh yeah FRee the SQUIDD!