PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Automotive Art for T-Shirts: Freelance Competion

jetblackskye
08-02-2007, 07:38 AM
I'm hosting a small Freelance T-shirt Design Competition.

Here are the rules:
1. The design must be car related, preferably JDM stuff
2. It must be your original design
3. It must be appropriate for all ages (no innuendos, foul language, racial remarks, etc.)
4. You cannot use copy written logo's
5. Your design must have no more than two colors.
6. The design on the front of the shirt must fit in a 4"x4" square
7. The design on the back of the shirt must fit in a 14"x14" square
8. Use 600 dpi or better, these shirts will be professionally printed.
9. The background color of your design will be the shirt's color, you can choose any color you want.
10. You can use Japanese Characters, but you must specify what the characters mean. One of our teammates speaks Japanese so we will verify what it says.
11. Very Important!! Keep your original Photoshop/Corel file, DO NOT MERGE THE LAYERS!! The Printing Company needs the layers to make the silk screens.

Be original and keep it car related, drifting, drag, autoX, whatever your passion is. We do not condone street racing, however.

How to enter:
Submit an 800x600 or better JPG of your art to [email protected] with the subject "T-Shirt Contest."
Include your Name, Forum Name, Email, Age, and which forum you saw this post on.
You may submit more that one piece of work. Do not submit multiples of the same work, this will get you disqualified.

Keep your original PSD/Corel file. If your art is chosen as one of the winners you will need to send in the complete, unmerged file.

You may post your work on this forum, but be sure to add a water mark so that other don't seal your design.

Contest ends September 30th, 2007.

Prizes:
First place is $300 and you get 2 copies of your shirt and 1 sweater or hoodie, in whatever size you want, and a professional 8 1/2” x 11”print of your design.

Second place is $200 and you get 2 copies of your shirt, in whatever size you want, and a professional 8 1/2” x 11”print of your design.

Third place is $100 and you get 1 copy of your shirt, in whatever size you want, and a professional 8 1/2” x 11”print of your design.

Legal stuff: All designs submitted will belong to the original artists unless they have been paid for their work, i.e. winning the contest. Yes I am buying your art and the legal rights to use it.

If I really like a design and our panel of judges doesn't I might personally pay you for it, $50 for each original design. I will contact you with more information.

Judging:
Team NightShift of Daytona Beach will judge the contest. The judging will be based on the overall design, marketability, appeal, and adherence to the rules. A winner will be selected in early October. No late entries will be accepted for the contest.

Thank you. If you have any questions email me [email protected].
Later,
JetBlack

PS. I don’t really check my PM’s

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c10/jetblackskye/200538199O534160731.jpg