PDA

View Full Version : Gas Lid won't open

dave240sx
08-30-2002, 12:24 PM
I went to gas up today and I press the little button down to open the gas lid.  The button (lever whatever the stupid thing is) pops and goes way past the point where it normally goes and the gas cap won't open.  I press it again and the fucker still won't open.  

How do I fix this.  

Ps.  I'm really thinking about selling this car so if anybody is interested let me know.  I'm not sure if my parents will let me yet but I'm sick of it.  It's a 91 hb with 110k miles on ka.  no a/c.  I have to get at least $2680 out of it to pay it off.  no promises though on this sell yet.  but I have to know how to fix the gas lid cause I can't fill it up. thanks

S13Grl
08-30-2002, 12:30 PM
Sounds like the cable is broken. I would try to slide something in,  try to work it open. Also, are you sure that the gas door & trunk open thing is going way past its point? Does it stay down?

dave240sx
08-30-2002, 12:38 PM
I just pulled up the carpet next to the lever and the cable at the point of the lever isn't broken but that's not to say it isn't broken elsewhere down the line.  I'm positive it's going past the point where it normally goes down.  I think i'm gonna run to the junk yard and see if they have any 240's there that I can compare too.

LexusRules
08-30-2002, 02:23 PM
mine is also broken and i have to pry it open, if you find out hte fix please let me know! i think the first step is a new cable.

dave240sx
08-30-2002, 02:33 PM
yeah I'm pretty sure it's the cable now because when I pryed it open the white piece that held it closed poped off.  So now I'm positive that the cable is broken.  lol  Just like me to try to do something and beak it more.  I just called the Nissan dealer and I'm having them fix it.  Yes I know they will charge me 4 times more that it would cost for me to do it but I would also break it more which would cost more.  oh well that's life for me.

Kid Zelda
08-30-2002, 02:40 PM
I had this same problem with my Blk  S13 240 (sold)

The little white tab that hold's it in palce, came off, so I just used super SUPER glue, the kind that sicks to plastic and metal, and that did the job. The latch would open it, no more  prying, and I don't get raped at the dealer.