PDA

View Full Version : will it short out?

rongfk
07-27-2007, 01:08 PM
for those of you who know wireing. is it possible to wire my tail lights to act as a driving/brake/turn signal with out it shorting out? like to add the turn signal wires to one of the brake lights. if so how?

!Zar!
07-27-2007, 01:13 PM
My guess is that you would need a dual filament bulb. As well as some creative wiring.

Sounds fairly easy if you have a schematic or look at it for a few minutes...

rongfk
07-27-2007, 03:03 PM
alright ill check into that. but if i splice into the brake light wire and connect the signal wire to it, would that cause any problems in my electrical?

Luvs2slide
07-27-2007, 03:07 PM
alright ill check into that. but if i splice into the brake light wire and connect the signal wire to it, would that cause any problems in my electrical?

It shouldn't. You have to make sure that the bulb will not draw more current...Since you will be using a different bulb as opposed to doing the turn signals with your rear side lamps. You might want to change the fuse in the panel box to a bigger one. You can always go bigger when it comes to current, just don't go smaller. It would be easiest if you find the signal wire for your turn signals near you steering column. Hope this helps.