PDA

View Full Version : Ka24de auto tranny problems?

bobross
07-23-2007, 12:37 PM
Well it all started about 4 or 5 days ago. I was driving along doing about 60 in 4th when my car proceeded to upshit to 3rd. I pulled over to the side of the road and turned my car off just like I would when it usually doesn't shift out of 1st (so i have heard its a normal problem on the auto tranny). I turned it back on and it was still stuck in 3rd. So I drove home that night and dropped it off. The next day it did the same thing when the car warmed up. It usually only happens when the car is warmed up. The car stays in 3rd too. It won't down shift or upshift once it gets stuck...

Another thing i noticed was when it upshifts to 3rd, while im driving and let off the gas all the way the rpms drop instantly to 1,000. When I go to give it gas it seems like the motor has to catch up with tranny...

I know half of yall are probably going to say "well your first problem was getting the automatic..." lol i know but i liked the vert...

Anyone know what the problem could be???

5t341tH
07-23-2007, 07:16 PM
240s are known to have bad trannys. they just give out. mine was acting similar to urs but i just swapped to 5spd when that happened.

ask52
07-23-2007, 10:27 PM
Mine is doing the exact same thing as yours. Its kinda random thou, will drive fine one day then no 4th the next. gonna change it to a 5spd.

95Blue240sx
07-24-2007, 12:10 AM
So when you try to manually shift it to the lower gears it doesnt shift? Have you checked to see if you are leaking fluid or anything? Check your fluid levels and makes sure you check it when its running.

I really never heard of 240s with auto are bad trannies. I have a 96 auto with no problems about 180k miles.

s13rookie
07-24-2007, 09:15 PM
your car sounds like it is getting stuck in the 3rd gear safe mode. check and see what codes are being thrown. it could be something as simple as a sensor

DDSR240
07-24-2007, 09:27 PM
same here with my s13 auto must just run in the family