PDA

View Full Version : engine turnsover but wont start

nismo04
07-22-2007, 06:49 PM
today when i got up for work my 93' 240sx started normal. after i got off from work the car would not start its turns over like normal but it wont crank. i parked on a slope so i put it in nutral and roll to levle ground and it started, but it kinda sputterd befor it started. i got home and let it sit for a few hours and i tried it again, same thing turns over but wont start i tried pressing the gas nothing, i also put the key in the position right before start and went to the trunk and listend for the fuel pump noise nothing. I'm thinking its either the injectors or the fuel pump can any one give me a valid explanation. :tweak:

LB.Motoring
07-22-2007, 06:53 PM
Fuel Pumps go out.

2plus4plus0eq6
07-22-2007, 10:11 PM
if you dont hear a weazing noise when you turn the key, then your fuel pump is gone. check the fuel pump fuse incase thats the only problem. its happened to me before 2

Edited: I forget to mention that if you give your fuel tank a few good kicks it might give you a little bit more time out of your fuel pump. Worked for me when mine went out. It kinda ticked a little bit and didn't performance as well as it should but it might just save you from having to get a tow truck. Good luck