PDA

View Full Version : Need some help with SR project (oil line block thread)

TOMKAIRA93
07-20-2007, 10:28 AM
Alright, here's how it all came about:

The thread of the engine block for the turbo oil line was cross threaded. I rethreaded it but since I have brided lines now -- you'll know the piece where the banjo bolt goes through (oil line end piece) is thicker than the stock line.
The problem I ran into is that the washers that come with the braided lines are thicker than stock as well, so when I tried to thread the bolt on to the block it wouldn't take cause the beginning part of the block thread was re-done and the banjo not being long enough as a result of braided line new thickness.

So I took the stock washers, which are thinner, installed them in lieu of the new ones so the banjo bolt could take. It appear to have taken the thread, but not by much. I didn't want to over tightent it cause I didn't want for the thread to mess up again.

Well, last night I finally got everything together on my project: hoses, fluids, wires, etc... I tried starting the car, but it didn't start, it seems as though the fuel pump is not working (I never check to see if the shell had one or not). any ways, that's beside the point.

This morning before I left for work, I noticed a puddle of oil under the car. I checked to see where it came from and it appears its coming from the oil line I mentioned above.

I really want this car running so I can move it outside and work on it with more space. I though about JB welding around the bolt or buying something I saw yesterday in Auto zone that's suppose to seal once you thread the bolt (thread sealer or somethign like that).

I'm really looking for some good feedback that can help me resolve this problem.

I appreciate you reading through this and I hope I made sense. If not, let me know so I can clear things up. BTW, i have no pics yet.

Thanks!!!

Slidin240Wayz
07-20-2007, 10:35 AM
Buy the proper fitting for the tap you made.

If not, you are going to lose oil pressure.

kensreliableb18b
07-20-2007, 10:50 AM
so right now your braided oil line is banjo style too as well, correct? i think in this situation you'd wanna change over to the an style oil line since u retapped the hole. that way you can be sure it seals up real good. thats just my opinion tho.

friend of mine had the same problem. happens. good luck!

TOMKAIRA93
07-20-2007, 11:32 AM
[quote=kensreliableb18b;1464988]you'd wanna change over to the an style oil line quote]

What do you mean? Man, I'll do whatever it takes to make this work. :rawk:

TUnity2
07-20-2007, 11:33 AM
same thing happened to me and i re tapped it to 1/4 NPT and put in a small pipe and a 90 and then used rubber hose to the stock hard line. but now the whole pipe piece can wobble and leaks, so i would recommend trying a direct AN line into your oil port after you re thread it or you could seal up the oil and get an oil filter sandwich and just run a line from there.