PDA

View Full Version : 4-point harness

sikkk240
07-19-2007, 11:16 PM
OK OK
i searched.. i found out where to mount the shoulder straps.. and im gonna need atleast a roll bar... common sense..

But for the lap belts - i would imagine that you would just use the excisting spots.. except for the fact that on the driver side.. right lap belt.. would have to mount to the seat...:tweak:

BUT i plan on getting some type of bucket - So should i just drill a hole on the right side of the seat on the hump? or on the floor?

its been covered with 5 points - on how to mount the 5th point... but im unsure of how to mount the lap belt safely..

I dont want to die in a car crash cause i mounted my lap belt wrong, you know what i mean. :2f2f:
Any help, suggestion, feedback would be appreciated..

Thanks.

-Kenny

chmercer
07-20-2007, 12:03 AM
on mine i put the inside belt (against the trans tunnel) on the rear seat stud thing. outside is obvious.

ECR33S14
07-20-2007, 12:10 AM
strange all of mine bolted to the existing seat bolts. idk what kind of harnesses you have though.

sikkk240
07-20-2007, 10:14 AM
on mine i put the inside belt (against the trans tunnel) on the rear seat stud thing. outside is obvious.

Did you have to drill a new hole, or just use the old spot where the stud was?

S13Dreamer
07-20-2007, 11:16 AM
yea...not sure which belts you have, but i have takata belts. The I-bolts went right into the stock locations except for the trans tunnel. I have Bride seat rails and it has a tab that comes up. looks like it's there to maintain the stock lap buckle. i basically used that tab as a mounting point. i drilled a hole on the tab, under the seat and used grade 8 bolts. Had to hammer about 5mm into the tunnel for the bolt would hit it.

i know you're running buckets and most likely have side mount rails but just my experience with mounting them.

i would try to use as many stock locations to thread your bolts as possible. if worse comes to worse, drill a new and use grade 8 bolts and washers. good luck.

sikkk240
07-20-2007, 11:30 AM
alright.. thanks mang. What bride seat rails do you have?

S13Dreamer
07-23-2007, 05:56 PM
i'm not even sure which rail it is. it's a bottom mount with Recaro SRD seats. i got em off my friend. lol. sorry man.