PDA

View Full Version : Rotor wont come off!!

Nismo2Forty
07-16-2007, 07:34 PM
Fixed.........

rican_nick
07-16-2007, 07:36 PM
most of the rotors have threaded holes through them.

get a bolt long enough with the correct pitch/thread on it and screw it in going evenly side to side until it works off..

or.. if you can always take a BFH to it and work it till it breaks loose.

rps13drift
07-16-2007, 07:38 PM
Fuck that! sledge hammer the fuck out of it!

LB.Motoring
07-16-2007, 07:39 PM
Just stand above it, and hit it with anything large and metal,

spinn, hit more,

rinse and repeat.

IT will come off.

NismoSilvia270R
07-16-2007, 07:40 PM
DONT sledge it
mine was the same on my 89. use alot of penetrant on the backside of the rotor hat and chip away at the rust.

then sledge it

Nismo2Forty
07-16-2007, 07:44 PM
I seriously was hitting the **** outt of it, it wont budge... i guess i'll just have to hit it harder tomrrow... but seriously something seems screwed up... i must have wacked that thing over 200 times, no exageration

MURPHY
07-16-2007, 07:46 PM
just put a damn screw in it like said before...

NemeGuero
07-16-2007, 07:47 PM
use the threaded hole + bolt.

and a rubber mallet

Ca_laurier
07-16-2007, 07:49 PM
if your just replacing the studs hit them out with a hammer, put the new ones in and impact them on using a oem lug nut

but if you want to take the actual rotor off, unless your replacing it don't hit anywhere your pads make contact with the rotor. last thing you want is vibration while braking from being a complete idiot

Serebros
07-16-2007, 07:59 PM
heat up the middle of the rotor with map/propane, than bang the hell out of it

slowdriver
07-16-2007, 08:07 PM
make sure there isnt a screw on there. beat the crap out of it, it'll come off. I had to abuse the crap out of mine, but I was replacing them anyways.

Ragnarok043
07-16-2007, 08:16 PM
are you reading any of the posts, rican_nick already said how to do it. just thread the correct size bolt into the threaded hole and it will pop out.

Nismo2Forty
07-16-2007, 08:28 PM
Ok, i'll try the bolt tmorrow, way to dark to work on it now, i appreciate the help. I'll keep everything updated if it doesnt work.

Haven't found an exact way to get the front off, anyone want to fill me in briefly on how to get the front rotors off??

MURPHY
07-16-2007, 08:31 PM
wtf bolt... still...

here's a pic if you can't figure out what a bolt is either

http://www.csdl.tamu.edu/FLORA/tfplab/bolts1.jpg

seriously how many times does it have to be said

projectRDM
07-16-2007, 08:33 PM
With a bolt, threaded in to press it off the hub, just like the above thirty people said to do. That whole reading thing is killing you, huh?

scarecrow27
07-16-2007, 08:56 PM
air hammer/ chisel

MURPHY
07-16-2007, 09:06 PM
wow.... someone just lock this

JDMClifford
07-16-2007, 09:08 PM
WTF! bolt!
msglengt

Phlip
07-16-2007, 09:15 PM
If a gentle tap with a mallet/hammer doesn't break it free, I strongly suggest you simply sell the car to someone competent enough to be doing their brakes

Nismo2Forty
07-16-2007, 09:24 PM
wow.... someone just lock this

Are you guys retarded... i said i'm going to try it tomorrow, it as in using a BOLT to force it out. Wow, why lock it if you keep looking in here ready to insult me, dont look... such an a**hole

Ha wow, funny, neg rep, poor me sorry my life doesnt revolve around this forum... i should have known having a problem and posting it on zilvia will get me neg rep, neat

MURPHY
07-16-2007, 09:27 PM
Are you guys retarded... i said i'm going to try it tomorrow, it as in using a BOLT to force it out. Wow, why lock it if you keep looking in here ready to insult me, dont look... such an a**hole

you said you're gonna try it tomorrow then again asked how to do it

"Haven't found an exact way to get the front off, anyone want to fill me in briefly on how to get the front rotors off??"

never once did i insult you. but if you would like me to i will. you're the only one insulting by calling me an asshole. but, if ya wanna start shit this will be locked. it was stated multiple times what to do

Nismo2Forty
07-16-2007, 09:30 PM
fine, whatever, i'm too tired for this

i asked becuase the front isnt slip fit... excuse me, i'm sorry i dont know everything there is, so whenever you say BOLT, hmm... thats what you've been saying about the rear. So maybe i thought you were still talking about the rear. Everyone on here is too lazy to type a sentence. Maybe fit front in the post, it will help this post move along... excuse me, neg rep me again please everyone, i'm always wrong

GSXRJJordan
07-16-2007, 09:33 PM
*whipser* same thing for the fronts, they're not any different.

zerooath
07-16-2007, 09:33 PM
dont let it get to ya to much you will just cause more trouble for yourself.

just read what people say...try it and if it doesnt work then come back and say what all you did and tried and if it did or didnt work that way future people who search can find your thread and find the answer quick.

-Blake

Nismo2Forty
07-16-2007, 09:39 PM
dont let it get to ya to much you will just cause more trouble for yourself.

just read what people say...try it and if it doesnt work then come back and say what all you did and tried and if it did or didnt work that way future people who search can find your thread and find the answer quick.

-Blake

oh i know, its not like anyone on here made a mistake and learned from it, everyone is perfect, those who are not have neg rep, what a joke, haha. But thats for the productive posts, i appreciate them

MURPHY
07-16-2007, 09:42 PM
um don't be dumb i use to have more red squares than you did. so yea.

NemeGuero
07-16-2007, 09:52 PM
I'm perfect.

Nismo2Forty
07-16-2007, 09:55 PM
no its cool, no big, my bad, i'm just not going to use this forum anymore... have fun

projectRDM
07-16-2007, 09:56 PM
fine, whatever, i'm too tired for this

i asked becuase the front isnt slip fit... excuse me, i'm sorry i dont know everything there is, so whenever you say BOLT, hmm... thats what you've been saying about the rear. So maybe i thought you were still talking about the rear. Everyone on here is too lazy to type a sentence. Maybe fit front in the post, it will help this post move along... excuse me, neg rep me again please everyone, i'm always wrong

You clearly stated you were working on the front, and that was your problem area. Why would you think anyone in the World would suggest a method that would not work for your application? The front rotor is stuck. A bolt will remove it.

However, the design and removal is the same for front or rear. You even said you'd already done the rear, so you know that.

Nismo2Forty
07-16-2007, 10:04 PM
You clearly stated you were working on the front, and that was your problem area. Why would you think anyone in the World would suggest a method that would not work for your application? The front rotor is stuck. A bolt will remove it.

However, the design and removal is the same for front or rear. You even said you'd already done the rear, so you know that.

wow theres a huge misunderstanding here, let me try to clear it up once and for all, now that i dont give a crap about this anymore on here. I asked for help on how to get my REAR rotor off, hitting it just wasnt working. Then shown above, helpful members posted to use a bolt in the unoccupied hole in the rotor to shove out the rotor. I said OK, I will try tomorrow. I added if anyone can help me on taking the front rotor off, because i thought only the rear was slip-fit, not the front, becuse i wanted to avoid problems like tonight, so then people still replied with "bolt" so then i thought everyone was still talking about the rear, my mistake, So NO, I DID NOT ever say i already did the rear. but i wish people would use sentences once in a while, and i got annoyed, as well as everyone else reading the thread. excuse freaking me

AE86Gio15
07-16-2007, 10:07 PM
:faint: this is what everybody is talking about.http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o223/AE86Gio15/brakehelp.jpg

Nismo2Forty
07-16-2007, 10:20 PM
yes...............

NemeGuero
07-16-2007, 10:47 PM
no its cool, no big, my bad, i'm just not going to use this forum anymore... have fun

We won't miss you.

Nismo2Forty
07-16-2007, 11:19 PM
We won't miss you.

k...... :2f2f:

nep
07-16-2007, 11:50 PM

come on bro, youve got to have thicker skin than that to post anywhere on the net. my first thread resulted in R240 calling me retarded. dust yourself off and realize, like i have, that zilvia is a great resource, despite the overzealous neg repping that goes on

Nismo2Forty
07-17-2007, 12:11 AM
i agree, but better places to discuss

fliprayzin240sx
07-17-2007, 01:06 AM
i agree, but better places to discuss

Why dont you just quit whining and getting butthurt on the internet and fixed your damn car?!?! :cj:

zerooath
07-17-2007, 04:42 PM
word....dont let words..especially internet words get to you.

Dream240
07-18-2007, 11:21 AM
Not that I NEED to be posting in this thread, but I'm bored and what the hell.

To the OP, you gotta take it easy man. Zilvia is a forum where you gotta grow tough "E-skin" to be able to keep up. For as long as I've been on this forum, I've been the brunt of the joke, scolded about how stupid my post was, corrected repeatedly with the appropriate NOOB response, pretty much made an ass out of myself more than once. I've fought with other members, been wrong AND right.

In short no one's gonna like to admit it but they've ALL been noob's at one point and made just as many mistakes. You just gotta take them in stride. If you can learn to laugh along with the rest of us Zilvians then the better for you. If not then maybe you should find a forum more suitable to your liking. Not to say that there aren't other good forums out there, but Zilvia just adds that extra spice to your life. Kinda like putting tabasco on your Denny's breakfast, you know it's gonna give you the red ass later. But you simply can't help it cause it tastes so GOOD!!!

And a tip for removing any slip on rotor, use an dead blow hammer. It's the most efficient way to create the force to break up the rust, but at the same time not damage the rotor. I have also used a regular hammer and hit the outer edge (side of rotor) clean/flat the help break it up. Not too hard though!!

GL

drifting_changed_mylife
07-18-2007, 11:35 AM

see what u guys did! you guys keep being dicks its just gonna be 5 ppl on zilvia

projectRDM
07-18-2007, 12:08 PM
see what u guys did! you guys keep being dicks its just gonna be 5 ppl on zilvia

Good. Will you be leaving us too?

NemeGuero
07-18-2007, 12:51 PM
Yeah, we won't really miss you either.

drifting_changed_mylife
07-18-2007, 01:10 PM
lol no not really im here to stay. i dont let all you fags get to me

William__s13
07-18-2007, 01:27 PM
Lol!! Mind over rotor..

projectRDM
07-18-2007, 02:24 PM
lol no not really im here to stay. i dont let all you fags get to me

Couldn't tell.

To everyone else, two fucking pages on how to remove a rotor? Seriously, this is getting retarded.

NemeGuero
07-18-2007, 02:55 PM
I think you just pull on it?

Someone needs to work out a little more.

Or better yet.. hahaha

what if he has the caliper still bolted to the knuckle (and still attached to the rotor) and he can't figure out why it won't come off?
haha

Nismo2Forty
07-18-2007, 03:54 PM
ha funny, you guys are still posting in here...

NemeGuero
07-18-2007, 08:35 PM
... as he says with a post.

projectRDM
07-18-2007, 08:45 PM
Since we've beaten this horse to death, can we start a new thread on how to remove the key from the ignition? I'm having a little trouble with that.

breakindrifts
07-18-2007, 08:48 PM
Since we've beaten this horse to death, can we start a new thread on how to remove the key from the ignition? I'm having a little trouble with that.
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=117297
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=108054 :faint:

chmercer
07-18-2007, 08:49 PM
ha funny, you guys are still posting in here...

your moms fat too

your car is ugly

i bet you got those shoes from payless

i saw your grandma out workin in the yard

fliprayzin240sx
07-19-2007, 12:16 AM
I just figured something out!!! He couldnt take the rotors off because the fucking brake assembly's still on the rotor!!!

SexPanda
07-19-2007, 12:49 AM
man so much hate. Can we all just get along, and enjoy the fact we all drive a bitchin car?

chmercer
07-19-2007, 12:56 AM
last i checked everyone on here didnt drive convertible aston martins

SexPanda
07-19-2007, 01:10 AM
tu che, monseur chmercer. That is a bitchin car. But 240sx have their own, unique bitchin-ness quality to them I think. I love my car. I cant imagine what I'd be driving if it wasnt for my 240...

oh yeah I can. 2 weeks after I bought my car, I come across an almost fully restored 71(ish) Chevy Nova (2 door, crate 350, blah blah blah). The guy was PCSing, and couldnt take it with him, so he sold it for 2000 bucks. Worst part... 300 less than what I paid for my car.

pr0tus
07-19-2007, 01:17 AM
Alright, I have to mention this because I read the whole thread and nobody said it. Hitting the inside of the rotor (between the lugs) breaks rotors loose much easier than hitting the outside part (where the pads touch). Someone showed me this "trick" after I spent five minutes with an estwing trying to get my z32 rotor off.

JDMClifford
07-19-2007, 02:55 AM
thats good to know if your to lazy to find a bolt. like me! but ive never had that problem. usualy i change my rotors before they worp, rust, crack, and ummmm... ya