PDA

View Full Version : Safe boost for GT2560R

WhiteS12+1
07-16-2007, 07:19 PM
I know the max efficency range is 17-18 psi with all the supporting air and fuel mods, which I have (z32 MAF, 555cc injectors, Tune). I will ocassionaly turn the boost controller up to there when needed. However my question is for just normal driving with the boost controller turned off what is a nice boost level to try to obtain for this setup?? Reason I ask is I just installed a HKS actuator and it is pulling a steady 15.5psi with the boost controller off, will this put too much stress on the motor?? I will not boost that often when driving most of the time, so should I leave it at this level or try to adjust the actuator to pull around 12-13 psi for normal driving?? Thanks in advance!! By the way this is for an SR

Will

Ps. I did search before anybody recommends I do that..

steve shadows
07-16-2007, 07:23 PM
1. what injectors
2. what internals
3. what fuel pressure
4. what ecu.
5. what maf

even with all stock equipment, if you just bump your FPR up about 5 psi at idle, it will be safe. It wont be properly tuned but it will be fast and relatively safe if you have an upgraded pump.

If you want to lessen the boost seen on wg only, just lengthen the threaded wg arm on the hks actuator.

WhiteS12+1
07-16-2007, 07:35 PM
Thanks for the prompt reply.

555cc deatchswerks injectors
Stock internals
Stock fuel pressure
Hybridynamics ROM tune, will put in on the dyno to check A/F ratio before I turn the boost up and beat on it.
Z32 MAF N-62

I have an upgraded fuel pump walbro 255, I know how to adjust the actuator to run lower boost. I was just curious to know what a safe boost level would be to run when I am just crusing for motor longevity and ocassional spirted run. Would 15 psi be to much stress on a daily basis with ocassional boosting here and there?? I know this might be a stupid question but I just would like a little reassurance from the fellow enthiuasists (sp??) Steve once again thanks for the response, as I always enjoy reading your post they are always informative!