PDA

View Full Version : fuel

ibanezxguy
08-26-2002, 07:51 PM
i just changed the o2 senor and put in a k&n filter and my mileage still sucks... is it maybe the filter? Also i believe its time to change it, but i dont know where it is.  Any help thanks

Alias
08-26-2002, 08:06 PM
Any other symtoms? Rough idle, black sooty smoke, misfiring etc. It could be many things......

thelinja
08-26-2002, 08:10 PM
Heck, it may just be your driving style.  If I drive quickly and in a hurry, I tend to burn gas twice as fast as when I drive normally.

ibanezxguy
08-26-2002, 08:38 PM
yeah i do tend to have a jumpy idle every now and then. And on starts i have a puff of smoke looks sorta white but im not burning antifreeze.  And its only when i take off..... not on start ups or anything and i also have a very black film in my exhaust pipes i guess i shoulda mentioned these the first time.  Thanks if anybody can help me get this thing running right untill i find a shop to get me an SR20

Alias
08-26-2002, 10:32 PM
Try cleaning your MAF and check the connect for oxidation/dirt. White smoke would be coolant. I don't think its your driving style. I fill up on 1/4 tank usually its at 270-280 miles, and I always drive hard.

anthony240
08-26-2002, 10:36 PM
damn! I've never heard of 180 MILES PER GALLON! You make sure you patent whatever you did to that car, you'll make millions!

Just kidding man, 180 miles per TANK is bad, it might be your fuel system. You don't know where the fuel filter is? it should look like a cylinder with hoses coming out the top and bottom of it. should be somewhere in intake manifold side of the engine cause it should be close to the fuel injectors. Also have your fuel pump checked. When's the last time you did a tune up?