PDA

View Full Version : Newb: Haltech Question - About Harnesses

rocksteady_racer
07-13-2007, 07:36 PM
Ok if I get a E8X and the patch harness for it do I need to keep the stock battery/alternator harness, transmission harness, and engine harness or does that all come with the new harness? Also will the S13 harness fit a sr20det into a 90 240sx American chassis or do I need to get the flying lead harness? One more question what's the difference between a patch loom harness and a terminated harness? And one last question which one did I need to fit a sr20det redtop into a 90 240 American chassis? Thanks in advance. All I know about is brakes and suspension right now LoL working my way up.

johngriff
07-13-2007, 07:42 PM
The patch harness:
http://www.rpsport.net/product/RPSNISNS13-E8STRTKIT

Plugs in in place of the factory ecu. You still use the (SR20DET) factory harness(s), just plug and play, given you need to run new wires (included) for the map and IAT.

This is the simplest install of the E8. There are different ways to install it using the flying lead harness. You will stil need to use a factory style starter harness.

If you have any questions, get at me on the phone or over aim, I am an authorized haltech dealer.

John
AIM: RPSport John