PDA

View Full Version : standalone a/c request wire

NismoSilvia270R
07-13-2007, 08:58 AM
ive got a standalone engine/ecu. chassis is s13.

the ecu ONLY needs 12+V to activate and run the a/c system.

I would like to take the power from the ground side of the a/c switch in the push control unit.

before hacking that wire:
i need to verify that splicing into the "LG/B" wire coming out of the push control unit will supply SWITCHED 12+V to my ecu's a/c request wire.

also, can anyone decode that color combo:
LG/B - bluegreen/black stripe maybe?

thanks in advance
Brad

NismoSilvia270R
07-13-2007, 01:19 PM
i believe i can remove the lg/b wire from the a/c amp harness (3-wire). It should be the middle one.

anyone have input on this? anyone describe the color combo?

GSXRJJordan
07-13-2007, 01:47 PM
I opened this thinking we were requesting electric-compressor A/C setups lol - now that I'm here, I'm a little confused as to what you're asking...

there's a ground-switched relay in the fuse panel on the passenger side of the car (don't know if you still have it) for the A/C compressor... I use the relay for my fans, and when I flip my fan switch, my A/C light comes on.

So it seems like you're trying to figure out how to let the ECU know when the A/C is on? Cause you don't need the ECU at all to have A/C.... as far as which wire comes out of the back of the A/C panel and goes to the ECU, I don't remember ~ Sorry if it feels like I'm wasting your time, just hate to see a topic come up that I don't have the immediate answer for.

NismoSilvia270R
07-13-2007, 02:17 PM
I opened this thinking we were requesting electric-compressor A/C setups lol - now that I'm here, I'm a little confused as to what you're asking...

there's a ground-switched relay in the fuse panel on the passenger side of the car (don't know if you still have it) for the A/C compressor... I use the relay for my fans, and when I flip my fan switch, my A/C light comes on.

So it seems like you're trying to figure out how to let the ECU know when the A/C is on? Cause you don't need the ECU at all to have A/C.... as far as which wire comes out of the back of the A/C panel and goes to the ECU, I don't remember ~ Sorry if it feels like I'm wasting your time, just hate to see a topic come up that I don't have the immediate answer for.

the setup that i have, i dont use any of the chassis a/c stuff. the new ecu does that. all it needs is 12V switched. it does the relaying, clutch control, fan control by itself.

i could use a radioshack switch between the battery and the ecu...

or use the nissan switch.

i want to use the nissan switch.

the nissan switch has to have power in and power out(gnd). when open, no current, when closed, current flow.

all i want to do is let the chassis supply power to the switch (however the wiring does that) then ground that switch to my ecu.

^^this will send the power through the switch and into my ecu when switched on.

im just trying to find out what wire i tap off of.

NismoSilvia270R
07-18-2007, 12:10 PM
anyone know what is the a/c switch's ground wire?