PDA

View Full Version : My Vacuum line setup... ? lol SR20

Turkey22
07-09-2007, 11:24 PM
Car had been swapped by previous owner.
Stock redtop motor SMIC, stock stock stock.

What I've gathered from searching:
3 outlets near intake mani / throttle body.
1 under throttle body = charcoal canister
Mani 4mm = for FPR, can be T 'd into for boost gauge
Mani 6mm = for BOV

I decided to go through and check everything today and search for my vacuum leak, and I noticed that my Vacuum lines are set up as such.

6mm manifold and charcoal canister outlets are capped.
4mm manifold runs to FPR and is split and also runs to my stock BPV.

The only other vacuum line is a hose that runs from my hotpipe to my wastegate.

What I'm trying to figure out is:
1. Is it "ok" that the BPV is T 'd into the FPR line, or should it be using that 6mm nipple on the manifold.

2. Without using a boost controller, how is the wastegate being controlled? As current its just a line that runs to the hotpipe, uninterrupted. Is that safe for the turbo?

Now I do have a electronic boost controller, but I figured i'd make sure the vacuum setup is right before I go and throw it on there. Yes, I have searched, for hours, gone through the FSM, heavythrottle, and a few others, but I came up short on information about the SMIC setup with the stock BPV.

Mikester
07-10-2007, 09:45 AM
4mm on top of your intake manifold should go to your FPR, it's cool to split here for boost indication.

4mm on bottom should go to vacuum canister

6mm line on intake mani should go to your BOV/recirc, teed to go to your canister.

6mm line from hot pipe should go to wastegate actuator, with a 6mm-4mm tee to your boost solenoid. Since you are using an electronic boost controller, you can now run 6mm line from hot pipe to aftermarket solenoid, and line from aftermarket solenoid to actuator.
As far as indication for your boost readings on your controller, you can split off a second time at the tee near your FPR.

Hope this helps. You can PM me if you like, I've got detailed pix of my whole project from stock on.