PDA

View Full Version : Just Finished The Swap, Having Some Problems........PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

trivialchow
06-26-2007, 08:11 PM
Problem Solved!!! car is running Really Stong

MomentumGT
06-26-2007, 08:32 PM
Check your coilpacks to see if there is sufficient spark coming from each of them. Also make sure the ground for the cp's is grounded securely ours got severed for some odd reason and started misfiring.

-Jon

mwilloughby87
06-26-2007, 08:32 PM
are you throwing any codes?

trivialchow
06-26-2007, 08:54 PM
are you throwing any codes?

Ill check tomorrow

16 yr old drftr
06-26-2007, 09:01 PM
Who did your wiring harness? My car did the same thing as yours and it was the wire going to the mafs that was messin it up. The wire insulator or whatever that shit is was touching one of the wires to the mafs and it ran like shit.

trivialchow
06-26-2007, 09:13 PM
Who did your wiring harness? My car did the same thing as yours and it was the wire going to the mafs that was messin it up. The wire insulator or whatever that shit is was touching one of the wires to the mafs and it ran like shit.

Yury Lyalko from wiring specialityies did my wiring.

johngriff
06-26-2007, 09:42 PM
Test continuity in the AFM wires. No rev past 2500 plus RICH idle is AFM.

OR OR OR OR OR OR OR OR OR OR

You i/c piping is not sealed up.

drift_ricer
06-26-2007, 11:29 PM
problem 1: misfiring or running only 2 cylinder?
answer: check your coilpack, your harness, your ignitor, your ecu. if you still cannot find out the answer, then it gonna be your wire harness. double check, make sure you wiring the main harness right by the battery because there are 2 blue wires, which send signal from coilpack. make sure u only wire the big blue one, leave the small blue wire alone.

problem 2: idle little bit, then drop and dead
answer: check all your sensor and vacuum line. did u plug into the right location. it might due to your cylinder because u said your car running only two cylinder.

problem 3: cann't rev over 2500 rpm
you might already know the answer. I believe also it your maf sensor. there only three wires, make sure u wire them right.

this is all I know, please don't yell at me if I say something wrong. I just try to help him!

trivialchow
06-27-2007, 12:29 PM
problem 1: misfiring or running only 2 cylinder?
answer: check your coilpack, your harness, your ignitor, your ecu. if you still cannot find out the answer, then it gonna be your wire harness. double check, make sure you wiring the main harness right by the battery because there are 2 blue wires, which send signal from coilpack. make sure u only wire the big blue one, leave the small blue wire alone.

problem 2: idle little bit, then drop and dead
answer: check all your sensor and vacuum line. did u plug into the right location. it might due to your cylinder because u said your car running only two cylinder.

problem 3: cann't rev over 2500 rpm
you might already know the answer. I believe also it your maf sensor. there only three wires, make sure u wire them right.

this is all I know, please don't yell at me if I say something wrong. I just try to help him!

Thanks so much. i really appriciate the help.

trivialchow
06-27-2007, 09:48 PM
Updates:

I check and the ignitor chip wasnt plugged in all the way. once it was plugged in properly the motor ran fine and idles prefectly. the only thing wrong now is that the car still wont rev pass 2,500 rpms. do you guys no anything else besides the MAFS that might cause this. please let me know.
-thanks

georgesal
06-27-2007, 10:15 PM
chekc make sure your rps sensor is plugged in, and also who did you wiring? it really sounds like mafs or maf wiring?

trivialchow
06-28-2007, 09:40 AM
chekc make sure your rps sensor is plugged in, and also who did you wiring? it really sounds like mafs or maf wiring?

Yury Lyalko from wiring specialityies did my wiring. im going to check the mafs once i have some time. thanks alot.

heychris
11-13-2007, 09:25 PM
Or as I just found out tonight...

A loose/no connection on one of your ecu wires...On a whim I pulled ecu trim panel (on my new project which was doing exactly this), specifically to look for frayed wires. Found some poorly taped, re-taped the exposed wires (soldered already) then found an unhooked pigtail. Started car, same problem. Connected and taped pigtail connection, started car and whalaaa. Totally different car. No stumble, drives like it should (so far) and it's effing loud with no real intake, test pipe, and crappy ebay can...My neighbors I;m sure are mad but I'm:squintd:

Test continuity in the AFM wires. No rev past 2500 plus RICH idle is AFM.

OR OR OR OR OR OR OR OR OR OR

You i/c piping is not sealed up.