PDA

View Full Version : steering wheel upside down going straight?

Enjin
06-23-2007, 02:13 PM
with the tires pointed straight, the steering wheel is completely upside down! I just bought the car so I dont know when this happened...

is this indicative of damage? or worn something being worn out? how can I fix it?

Phlip
06-23-2007, 03:26 PM
Some idiot thought it would be cool?
Retarded alignment guy, maybe?
Remove wheel, turn to proper situation, or use this opportunity to get an aftermarket tiller, any excuse is a good one.

Sir
06-25-2007, 10:27 AM
hahaha.
is this OEM wheel or aftermarket?

if aftermarket, just undo the 6bolts and put it on right.

FaLKoN240
06-25-2007, 11:12 AM
If its OEM just take off the horn cover, unbolt, and put it back on right side up.

It's not rocket science.

Enjin
06-25-2007, 11:54 AM
the thing is, I am wondering if this INDICATES any DAMAGE. Im looking to treat the problem, not the symptom, if there is any.

but if it is just that the steering wheel is goofy and there is no problems, then yeah haha its not rocket science :-P

Canaduh
06-25-2007, 12:09 PM
Check where it conects to the rack if tyou want to look for damage. Chances are if theirs damage to the rack it'd be leaking PS fluid, or check the gear where the column connects too under your hood.

projectRDM
06-25-2007, 01:49 PM
the thing is, I am wondering if this INDICATES any DAMAGE. Im looking to treat the problem, not the symptom, if there is any.

but if it is just that the steering wheel is goofy and there is no problems, then yeah haha its not rocket science :-P

There is no way possible for rack damage to put the wheel that far off. He could have replaced the tie rods and just wanted the wheel upside down for whatever reason so it was aligned like that. In any case, asking a group of people if there's damage to a car that you have in your possession that none of us can even see is about as bright as trying to fuck a whore through your computer screen.

ixfxi
06-25-2007, 02:25 PM
just realign the shit and quit wasting bandwidth.. bishes

Sir
06-25-2007, 03:08 PM
turn to the left, count how many times wheel makes a full rotation.
back to center
turn to the right.
if they are same, previous owner was a tool
probably cut up your radio harness too :P

Enjin
06-25-2007, 05:11 PM
eh I figured it may be a common problem with an easy fix. like if a tie rod was going bad. I dont know even what to look for in that case... which is why I was asking.

Apparently stupid questions arent tolerated, no matter how genuine, thus the red. bleeeehhhhhhhhh

ixfxi
06-25-2007, 11:14 PM
eh I figured it may be a common problem with an easy fix. like if a tie rod was going bad. I dont know even what to look for in that case... which is why I was asking.

Apparently stupid questions arent tolerated, no matter how genuine, thus the red. bleeeehhhhhhhhh

tie rods dont just go bad and cause your wheel to be upside down, this is a matter of alignment

tie rods go bad if you do something stupid like slam into a curb, but then again.. many others things would go bad if you did that.

answer: get the car aligned

koukimonster139
06-25-2007, 11:21 PM
oh my god

theres fucking arrows on the clock spring to align it right

take it off put it on right