PDA

View Full Version : Help installing jdm s14 climate control bezel

s13pignose
06-20-2007, 05:04 PM
Anyone ever put one of these in their s14? I'm trying to put one in, but the backend of the sliding compartment is hitting the big metal pipe right under the climate control. Looks like a 2.5" diameter aluminum pipe.

I know the compartment is hitting it cause I put white out on the back of it, and tried to push the bezel in, and then took it out. And there was white out on the pipe, so evidently they touch.

http://i11.ebayimg.com/01/i/000/a3/c5/e893_1.JPG

Please if you can help

Thanks big time for any advice in advance

fliprayzin240sx
06-20-2007, 06:56 PM
Do a search, somebody posted up a walkthrough on how to do this and what they did exactly.

jdm538
06-20-2007, 08:00 PM
i installed mine by denting the pipe until the compartment fit. i used a hammer and a breaker bar to put the dent.

s13pignose
06-20-2007, 08:16 PM
What is the pipe exactly. I was thinking about just cutting it. Well if you guys were able to get yours in I guess I'll keep it, and work at it. I was ready to sell!

floodo1
06-20-2007, 08:23 PM
pretty sure that pipe is the dash support.
its probably OK to dent it, but i definately wouldnt cut it.

s13pignose
06-20-2007, 08:36 PM
Ah ok....wonder how come the bezel evidently works fine for s14's in japan. I mean shouldn't they have same dash support?

Bandwagon240sx
06-20-2007, 09:25 PM
I have no idea how that JDM tray is made, but can you swap it and the hazard/defrost switch and see if it works that way? The reason I say that is because on the JDM RHD cars everything is reversed, so reversing the location of the tray might do the trick. Just a thought.

jdm538
06-21-2007, 02:17 AM
I have no idea how that JDM tray is made, but can you swap it and the hazard/defrost switch and see if it works that way? The reason I say that is because on the JDM RHD cars everything is reversed, so reversing the location of the tray might do the trick. Just a thought.

there is no point to reverse it since the pipe goes across the whole dash second it is molded to the left side only so you cant switch it around..

the pipe is not that hard just dent it easy stuff...

vanish1
06-21-2007, 07:16 AM
fuck man, search, this shit aint new

http://www.chuonthis.com/cars/s14-dcc/

projectRDM
06-21-2007, 09:19 AM
fuck man, search, this shit aint new

http://www.chuonthis.com/cars/s14-dcc/

Nice post, completely different thing. Idiot.

To the OP, take the tray out of the bezel and snap the bezel in. Now snap the tray in to the bezel. Mine never had any clearance issues that way, since you're changing the angle it's going in at.

chuonthis
06-21-2007, 11:39 AM
Ooh, I've never seen that before. What is it? A coin tray?

projectRDM
06-21-2007, 01:02 PM
Ooh, I've never seen that before. What is it? A coin tray?

Business card holder. It came on K's models, and on the K's Aero model the bezel is gunmetal.

s13pignose
06-21-2007, 02:38 PM
R240 NA you have one too. Didn't you have the digital climate control and fully functional.

Is there anything you don't know how to do lol.

Thanks man I'll give it a try

s13pignose
06-21-2007, 02:59 PM
Nice post, completely different thing. Idiot.

To the OP, take the tray out of the bezel and snap the bezel in. Now snap the tray in to the bezel. Mine never had any clearance issues that way, since you're changing the angle it's going in at.

Just tried it...defenitely works better, but the tray didn't go in enough to stay in on its own. I even moved the wires to the climate control out the way.

projectRDM
06-21-2007, 03:53 PM
R240 NA you have one too. Didn't you have the digital climate control and fully functional.

Is there anything you don't know how to do lol.

Thanks man I'll give it a try

I have shit from US, Japan, and the UK. Sadly the car doesn't run.

If that doesn't help it much, dent the bar in like mentioned above, mine seemed to fit fine but you never know, every car is a little different. The cross bar is mounted in a way that it can be moved a little, yours might sit just a hair forward whereas mine sits back.

s13pignose
06-21-2007, 08:14 PM
Dag in that case I wonder if I can move it back some. I'll try pushing on it tommorow maybe when there's sunlight again. My last resort is denting hopefully, but if all else fails its going in somehow lol.

Thanks for all the replies and help too guys.

projectRDM
06-21-2007, 11:06 PM
Dag in that case I wonder if I can move it back some. I'll try pushing on it tommorow maybe when there's sunlight again. My last resort is denting hopefully, but if all else fails its going in somehow lol.

Thanks for all the replies and help too guys.

To move it back you need to pull the dash and loosen each set of bolts on both ends. Honestly, denting it is a hell of a lot easier and faster.

s13pignose
06-22-2007, 08:23 PM
OK tried denting it, got a slight dent, but cause more problems then its worth. I cracked the duct that leads up to the vents on the bezel when I was hammering. I had even moved the climate control to make room. Glad I did that cause I could have ended up with a busted climate control.

I'm kinda fed up with this thing now. You think I can just buy a dremel or some rotary tool, and cut out a opening on the front part of the pipe so the card holder backend can slide into?

I already dented the pipe some, so me cutting a section out couldn't be any worse I don't think?

I gotta figure out something, I've already been through to much with this to give up. Plus I don't like to throw in the towel lol

projectRDM
06-22-2007, 10:37 PM
If you can mark the exact spot, use a unibit and drill it out, you'll need to go just past 1/2" in size. If you don't have access to one, a 14mm (9/16") bit will work. Just know that you're going to have a shit ton of metal shavings dropping down everywhere, so take the radio out and lay something down to catch them. A magnet is a plus as well to have on hand to collect them.

dwnshft2drft
10-06-2011, 10:46 PM
Any one knows whats the part number for this card tray?

fliprayzin240sx
10-07-2011, 04:39 PM
No clue but shit is rare as fuck even for a JDM car. I've only seen it once the whole time I was in Japan.