PDA

View Full Version : HELP..my car run only 3 cylinder....

drift_ricer
06-18-2007, 12:21 PM
hi guys, please help...this is the 3rd time I post this question and never get the right answer. my car running three cylinder since I got he swap done back in spring. I tested ECU, Ignitor chip, coilpack, sparkplug, and it seem to be fine, but cylinder #1 is not spark. So my next step is going to try a crank angle sensor??? and helpful idea please help?????

santacruisin
06-18-2007, 02:20 PM
have you pulled the valve cover? when I was on 3 cylinders it was because my rocker arm busted. you may need a new engine or a whole lot of work done to the head/block.

drift_ricer
06-18-2007, 03:03 PM
I done resufaced the head, and put tomei headgasket and arp stud. I don't think it has to do with rocker arm. thanks for dvice...help please people...

drew300zx
06-18-2007, 03:20 PM
if the coil test good and the spark plug is good, it could be the wiring going to it, did you check that?

rican_nick
06-18-2007, 03:50 PM
if u start moving the coil packs around.. does the dead cylinder follow the coil pack? If so.. get a new coil pack.

If it doesnt follow the coil pack and its always number 1. i would first think wiring. Test the wiring to the coil packs. It may be the CAS. If it was the CAS though I would expect it to not even run at all.

good luck.

drift_ricer
06-18-2007, 03:56 PM
not yet...I want to test the basic first before I jump into the wiring problem...thanks

fliprayzin240sx
06-18-2007, 06:12 PM
Did you check for compression?

Try the swapping coilpacks around and see if it move to eliminate a bad coilpack. If that checks out, then verify if you are getting spark, pull the spark plug and plug it in the the coilpack, ground the spark plug on the head and watch it spark. If it doesnt spark then check your wiring with a multimeter to the ignitor chip.

georgesal
06-18-2007, 06:43 PM
yeah i agree try changin coil packs and how do you know you have no sparkl in cyl number one

drift_ricer
06-18-2007, 09:30 PM
I did already. so I guess my next step is swapping a crank angle sensor? I felt frustrasted right now. please help people...and thanks for the advices