PDA

View Full Version : Manual seatbelt electrical question....

Dream240
06-16-2007, 12:39 AM
So I'm currently installing a new carpet, upgrading to power mirrors, installing new gauges, and I streamlined some of the wiring harness (namely removed the section under the driver's seat and on the tunnel pertaining to the old auto tranny and seatbelts. Well in the middle of the wire cleansing I remembered that my seat belt light doesn't work due to the removal of the auto belt CPU. So my question is:

When splicing the wires together to complete the circuit (green, yellow/grn) and the actual seat connector (blue/red, black) Which green wire goes to ground? Or do I splice both green wires directly to the blue/red. And if so do I need to install a resistor in the line to keep from blowing fuses? If so what resistor?

Any electrical geniuses are welcome to show off.

Thanks guys.

ohspizzill
06-25-2007, 09:04 PM
Did you ever find out?

ixfxi
06-25-2007, 10:55 PM
while i do have the schematics, and i do have the knowledge to wire this up..

i cant help but be an asshole and ask.................

do you REALLY fucking need a seatbelt warning light? really, is this necessary?

---

with that said, i recall the system works like the low brake fluid / ebrake lamp - it gets activated with ground. the color code of the wire at the gauge cluster for seatbelt *should* be yellow/red. My notes say its ground activated.

anyone else wanna step in and help insert some information for this next to near useless feature? ;-)

Luvs2slide
06-25-2007, 11:02 PM
So I'm currently installing a new carpet, upgrading to power mirrors, installing new gauges, and I streamlined some of the wiring harness (namely removed the section under the driver's seat and on the tunnel pertaining to the old auto tranny and seatbelts. Well in the middle of the wire cleansing I remembered that my seat belt light doesn't work due to the removal of the auto belt CPU. So my question is:

When splicing the wires together to complete the circuit (green, yellow/grn) and the actual seat connector (blue/red, black) Which green wire goes to ground? Or do I splice both green wires directly to the blue/red. And if so do I need to install a resistor in the line to keep from blowing fuses? If so what resistor?

Any electrical geniuses are welcome to show off.

Thanks guys.

What exactly are you trying to do? Keep the light from coming off/on? Without the Belt CPU it shouldn't come back on...mine doesn't.

Enjin
06-26-2007, 09:53 AM
I wish I would have seen this yesterday. I took out all of that stuff and would have checked for you.