PDA

View Full Version : another question

drifting_changed_mylife
06-14-2007, 11:17 AM
as i was searching for an answer to my lsd question i came across allot of fighting about what is the easiest, direct bolt on lsd for my s13 sr20. some ppl say 300zx na others say q45 and j30. so after sifting passed all the fighting i came to the conclution that the j30 is what im going with (no axel and pumpkin mods (corect me if im wrong)) but my question is will i have to change it to 5 lug when i do the swap.. im not ready yet 4 the 5 lug finantualy sooo let me know

thanx guys

johngriff
06-14-2007, 11:23 AM
None of the above. If you really want drifting to change your life, non of the above mentioned LSD's will do it for you.

At least go welded, or clutch type.

steve shadows
06-14-2007, 11:41 AM
2 way kaaz best ive used so far.

Sileighty_85
06-14-2007, 11:46 AM
None of the above. If you really want drifting to change your life, non of the above mentioned LSD's will do it for you.

At least go welded, or clutch type.

Fuck welded its too unreliable , two of my buddies welded theirs (Professionally) in their 240's and they both Grenaded. One of them was commin back form Hot Import Night in Dallas and it exploded on the innerstate on a hot ass day. 2 hours from home.

Do it right or carry an extra diff with ya.

FaLKoN240
06-14-2007, 11:57 AM
Ha, I've driven my welded diff over 30,000k up and down California almost non stop for 8 hours.

Keep that bitch filled with fluid, and get it welded by someone who knows what they're doing.

Either Luke at SDP, or Flybert in SoCal.

Sileighty_85
06-14-2007, 12:15 PM
Ha, I've driven my welded diff over 30,000k up and down California almost non stop for 8 hours.

Keep that bitch filled with fluid, and get it welded by someone who knows what they're doing.

Either Luke at SDP, or Flybert in SoCal.

Is yours Open Diff Welded or LSD Welded? Both of those that grenaded were Open Diff Welded which i probably one reason why.

drifting_changed_mylife
06-14-2007, 12:35 PM
hmmm welded you say..... that does seem like the cheapest way to go. why wont the j30 work?

johngriff
06-14-2007, 12:38 PM
The VLSD's dont lock up hard, and in drifting you are definitely going to want some decell locking, which a vlsd just doesnt provide.

The J30 will bolt in, But VLSD's are for Fast and the Furious Style Drag racers, and parkinglot drifters.

slider2828
06-14-2007, 12:38 PM
Same here 25,000 miles in San Francisco and bay area. No problems. Weld Locd Luck at SDP did mine. One of the first as well. So I stand by at least ther welds.

drifting_changed_mylife
06-14-2007, 12:56 PM
wont welding the diff fuck up the ride... like will it jump and squeek when i make a turn??

johngriff
06-14-2007, 12:59 PM
I have drove some welded cars where the ride was more tame than a clutch type. I guess it is all in who is doing it. Luke @ SDP will do your diff mail order, and shipping is only like $9 each way.

FaLKoN240
06-15-2007, 02:11 AM
Is yours Open Diff Welded or LSD Welded? Both of those that grenaded were Open Diff Welded which i probably one reason why.

Welded LSD? Why would you do that? If I had a LSD to begin with I sure as hell wouldn't weld it.

If you mean a VLSD, then I'd sell it, use the money to get an open diff welded, then buy myself a new pair of shoes with the money left over.

My differential WAS an open differential.

Vision Garage
06-15-2007, 02:28 AM
Welded works fine for most ppl who are on a budget. For DD it is not as comfortable as open. My brother had on in his car. Its a bitch when you gotta steer at slow speeds but in drifts, its very predictable. Welded also causes more wear on tires and in turns they chirp and make you look like a newb driver. Other than that GET IT!

breakindrifts
06-15-2007, 03:39 AM
I've had welded on 1 year of daily driving and like 6 drift events.
Shit aint going to break if its done by the right person. Mines Chris Mendoza's backyard spl.