PDA

View Full Version : Elbow Blew

oc240sr
06-12-2007, 02:30 PM
My elbow just blew and i was wondering if the car would be driveable 10 miles because its at a friends house or if towing would be necessary. It was a megan elbow and its shit man I just purchase the greddy one and it looks way more durable.

sbanzer123
06-12-2007, 02:32 PM
you should be fine it will just be extremly loud.

slider2828
06-12-2007, 02:57 PM
Yup I think so too, but you know what, its probably cause you need a flex pipe in your downpipe. If you are getting that much exhaust movement to kill your downpipe and if you have an aftermarket header, mainly if megan, its a good time to weld in a flex pipe before its too late for your headers too.

steve shadows
06-12-2007, 03:01 PM
just dont beat the shit out ofit.

As long as the turbo is there it should be ok.

tiresmokes13
06-12-2007, 03:01 PM
Yup I think so too, but you know what, its probably cause you need a flex pipe in your downpipe. If you are getting that much exhaust movement to kill your downpipe and if you have an aftermarket header, mainly if megan, its a good time to weld in a flex pipe before its too late for your headers too.

Very true. People don't understand that.

nrg
06-12-2007, 03:20 PM
i always thought the flex pipe on the downpipe would work; but it doesn't. If you install the down pipe correctly, using the bracket that goes to the tranny mount; then you wouldn't need a flex pipe. The downpipe will be mounted with the motor. so most of the flexing will be after the cat.

although, the rb26 motors have flex pipe on their OEM downpipe.

you'll be fine. i drove 60 miles home with a blown exhaust intake gasket lol. Later found out that the turbo was hanging on to the manifold with one bolt left.

DP_Michelle G
06-12-2007, 03:35 PM
was it the gasket that blew or did the elbow crack? I've had my Megan elbow and down pipe the only problems that i had with it was when i ripped off the DP bracket on a speed bump.

If it was just a the gasket you should have just got a oem one and saved that cash for something else

sbanzer123
06-12-2007, 09:04 PM
ya like nrg said if you brace the downpipe to the tranny you will be fine cuz the tranny and engine will move together.

samplesurf
06-12-2007, 10:45 PM
i had a megan outlet for about 2 months 2 years ago, needless to say it cracked severely and i never bought anything from them again, i have since had 2 greddys on 2 diff turbos with no problems whatsoever, they are built very stout