PDA

View Full Version : SR20 Battery problem and other issues SOS!!

Hksuperman4000
06-09-2007, 12:14 AM
Recently did a Sr swap and has a few problems. So when ever I turn on the car my battery and check engine light is on, I dont pay much attention to it becuase its normal for a swap? The weird part is at times it will turn off by itself and might not even turn on at all, but it usally turns ok. The problem is that 2 outa the 5 times I start the car it wont start, so what I usally do it unplug the battery and plug it back on, and it starts up fine. I changed the battery and same result. What usa;ly causes the battery light to be on?

Also my gas pedeal is sticking, ive clean my TB cable but same results, should I consider buying a new one? Or is there any other tricks?

mRclARK1
06-09-2007, 12:44 AM
If you've got your throttle cable hooked up fine, and it's still sticking, it's probably something on the pedal assembly itself... just take a look at that if you haven't.

The battery light coming on is your ECU telling you there is a problem with the charging system. You likely have an alternator problem, not a bad battery.

Hksuperman4000
06-09-2007, 01:29 AM
Are the Sr20 and KA share the same alternator?

mRclARK1
06-09-2007, 01:43 AM
An S13 DOHC alternator will fit. You have to swap the pulley for the SR one, and drill out the pivot hole, for the longer SR bolt, IIRC.