PDA

View Full Version : q45 brake swap Q's

panama DRIFT
06-05-2007, 09:46 PM
ok so i searched for this info and found alot other info but not what i was looking for. my question is when upgrading to Q45 brakes, do i have to adjust my BMC to accout for the bigger brakes?

P.S. i am only doing the fronts (i'm poor)

FaLKoN240
06-05-2007, 09:56 PM
I didn't change my BMC when I upgraded.

Now my pedal has a little bit of travel before it bites, and when it bites it's really good.

There's a thread about this already.

SEARCH.

panama DRIFT
06-05-2007, 10:30 PM
thanks but,
i know i dont have to change it thanks to "search", want to know if i have to adjust the stock one to get rid of the spongy feeling.

just for the record i did search and found nothing about ADJUSTING the BMC, but found tons on every other question i had, so thanks zilvia for having a search button, and thanks 240falkon for you imput its very welcome

Irukandji
06-05-2007, 11:19 PM
"adjusting?"
install calipers
bleed
done

G-spec
06-05-2007, 11:23 PM
i'll be nice...only way to "adjust" a bmc is via the adjusting rod connected to the brake pedals linkage.....the further out your back the nut, the futher in it'll push the piston.....if you dont get the desired feel with it backed all the way out, its time to swap in a larger BMC.

cgguy
06-06-2007, 09:35 AM
If you're only doing the front Q45's I doubt you'll even notice a real difference in brake pedal feel. You have nothing to worry about.

markyboi
06-06-2007, 04:14 PM
super straightforward swap, its basically a drop in (if you have 5 lug)

dont forget to modify/take off the dust shiet