PDA

View Full Version : info on keyless remote?

chmercer
06-05-2007, 01:26 PM
ok so i have a y33 and a s14. my original s14 keyless remote broke, so i reprogrammed it to one of my extra y33 remotes. now the remotes operate both cars at once since they are both in the driveway so its kindof retarded. how can i fix this? i dont have a good enough understanding of how the remote functions to figure out how to program them properly to avoid this happening again.

would it work if i like drove one of the cars out of range, then reprogrammed the other car, then repeat with the other car on a seperate remote? do i need to have the 2nd remote out of range when i reprogram the first remote?

projectRDM
06-05-2007, 09:54 PM
Nope. You've programmed the remote to both cars, so you have to go back in and erase all the codes and start over.

chmercer
06-05-2007, 10:47 PM
how would i do that though? all i can think to do is move one car and remote out of range, then do the reset procedure on one car, then do the same on the other car? i guess i should take the batteries out of the remotes before i do this, will that reset the fobs?

projectRDM
06-06-2007, 07:57 AM
Nope. In order to 'reset' the codes you have to store three more new codes in each module, this will push the current code out of sync.

lflkajfj12123
03-25-2009, 04:19 PM
ok so i have a y33 and a s14. my original s14 keyless remote broke, so i reprogrammed it to one of my extra y33 remotes. now the remotes operate both cars at once since they are both in the driveway so its kindof retarded. how can i fix this? i dont have a good enough understanding of how the remote functions to figure out how to program them properly to avoid this happening again.

would it work if i like drove one of the cars out of range, then reprogrammed the other car, then repeat with the other car on a seperate remote? do i need to have the 2nd remote out of range when i reprogram the first remote?

can you get one for a 180sx type-x?