PDA

View Full Version : S14 SR HG on S13 SR?

benefitx
06-03-2007, 09:03 PM
will an s14 sr20det headgasket fit onto a redtop s13 sr?

specifically this one

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-NISSAN-SILVIA-200SX-TURBO-S14-HEAD-GASKET-SR20DET_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33665QQihZ007QQ itemZ170118486579QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Wahl 136
06-03-2007, 10:11 PM
Why on earth would you want to try and put a $30 headgasket on your car? If money is that tight you need to park it until you can afford a reputable brand.

G-spec
06-03-2007, 10:11 PM
Hope this helps:

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

benefitx
06-03-2007, 10:24 PM
because i dont want to run a cometic, and its closest to oem, what do you think you get when you order a full gasket set? a graphite headgasket. stupid idiots

benefitx
06-03-2007, 10:31 PM
Hope this helps:

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

hope this helps too

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/5219/76headupasspu1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Wahl 136
06-04-2007, 07:46 AM
because i dont want to run a cometic

Why don't you want to run cometic?

You could always buy OEM http://phase2motorsports.stores.yahoo.net/oems1sr20det.html

I know it's $85 plus shipping but atleast you know it isn't made out of semi recycled LA Times.

garagelu
06-04-2007, 07:57 AM
honestly i wouldnt really trust a 30 dollar aftermarket gasket. If you want cheap, go back to a nissan oem gasket. But for just a little more, get a cometic. Many people have used cometic with little or no problems.

If you are interested my friend has a nissan oem gasket that came with his full gasket kit he didnt use. I know he is willing to sell it. How about 35 dollars shipped for it. Oh and if you want it, let me know asap because he is leaving for italy tomorrow. Email me at [email protected].

benefitx
06-04-2007, 09:42 AM
after i buy that one , everyone has oe headgaskets to sell?

G-spec
06-04-2007, 09:59 AM
hell, i got a cometic i'll sell for $75 shipped....lol...forgot to mention that...

garagelu
06-04-2007, 11:46 AM
after i buy that one , everyone has oe headgaskets to sell?

well since you already bought that one off ebay, at least give us an update on what you think about the quality. And like a said, dont expect much out of a 30-40 dollar aftermarket gasket. You get what you pay for.

And next time you might want to try posting on the Want To Buy section if you havent done so already. Just a suggestion. In my circle of friends, 3 or 4 of them bought the whole s13 gasket set and didnt use the OEM gasket because they went with a cometic or apexi gasket. So there should be plenty of people selling gaskets.

benefitx
06-04-2007, 11:54 AM
i did post in the wtb

steve shadows
06-04-2007, 12:47 PM
Why don't you want to run cometic?

You could always buy OEM http://phase2motorsports.stores.yahoo.net/oems1sr20det.html

I know it's $85 plus shipping but atleast you know it isn't made out of semi recycled LA Times.

because cometic is a pile of shit when compared to Apexi and other integrated Fire-Ring design metal hg's

Apexi or custom with fire- ring

Cometic also lacks the service tab in the front of the head, which is really annoying if you have to do anything to the motor once it's installed.

Its a fire and forget pos hg.

OEM is the best way to go if your under the 450whp range for target power.

+ most people are incompetent and cannot properly install a metal HG.

honestly i wouldnt really trust a 30 dollar aftermarket gasket. If you want cheap, go back to a nissan oem gasket. But for just a little more, get a cometic. Many people have used cometic with little or no problems.

If you are interested my friend has a nissan oem gasket that came with his full gasket kit he didnt use. I know he is willing to sell it. How about 35 dollars shipped for it. Oh and if you want it, let me know asap because he is leaving for italy tomorrow. Email me at [email protected].

The one he posted the link to from ebay looks like an OEM to me. OEM usually wholesales for 35 bucks anyways.

Just get a deal on a Nissan OEM if your staying stock design.

benefitx
06-04-2007, 12:49 PM
its not that i cant install it...i just want a stock build right now, and see how that goes , and then later on i will build it for higher hp...but i dont know why these retards jump to "COMETIC OR GO HOME!"

steve shadows
06-04-2007, 12:51 PM
cometic is total and absolute crap whne it comes to Head Gaskets.

Get an OEM s13 one and be done.

benefitx
06-04-2007, 01:04 PM
well i dont know about absolute crap...its good but OE is always best

!Zar!
06-04-2007, 01:46 PM
It's more like go home because of cometic.

OP: Stop trying to cut corners to save money.

Just buy the propper oem gasket and be done with it.

But as the saying goes...

yea ever heard a saying....

cheap 240sx owner pays twice.

liv2drift045
06-04-2007, 02:01 PM
well i dont know about absolute crap...its good but OE is always best

OE is best? boost 1.2 daily and see what happens.

Wahl 136
06-04-2007, 06:57 PM
but i dont know why these retards jump to "COMETIC OR GO HOME!"

No retard I said don't buy a $30 HG, not get a cometic. :mrmeph:

EDIT: Nice rep benefitx (http://www.zilvia.net/f/member.php?u=51026): comment fuckin idiot, answer the question not give me some other bullshit next time.

Ok heres the answer to your question. Your fucking rinky dink idea of putting a $30 headgasket into your SR is going to fail and I hope when it does blow it's while your driving in rush hour traffic. Coincidentally you also have a horrible case of diarrhea at the sametime. Then you can shit all over yourself and think about your shit idea and how dumb it was.

I hope I answered your question better this time. Next time you ask a question don't cry like a bitch when people tell you what a stupid shit you are for cutting corners.

benefitx
06-05-2007, 12:32 AM
whats with these immature idiots and the comments of diarrhea and dysentery?...

cutting corners? thats the only HG available on ebay right now...and its a graphite headgasket, if i wanted to run a cometic i would run a cometic. if i got a couple PM's days earlier i would have paypal'd money to them instead..

plus i already tried that with a zilvia member and i got a FWD sr hg...

oh and might i add, the same 150-200 gasket sets sold, include this same exact "30$ hg" its called graphite which best conforms or whatever to the head...

im doing a stock build so get your bandwagon stupid ass out of here "Wahl 136"

do you even know what the stock headgasket is made out of?

Wahl 136
06-05-2007, 07:31 AM
whats with these immature idiots and the comments of diarrhea and dysentery?...

cutting corners? thats the only HG available on ebay right now...and its a graphite headgasket, if i wanted to run a cometic i would run a cometic. if i got a couple PM's days earlier i would have paypal'd money to them instead..

plus i already tried that with a zilvia member and i got a FWD sr hg...

oh and might i add, the same 150-200 gasket sets sold, include this same exact "30$ hg" its called graphite which best conforms or whatever to the head...

im doing a stock build so get your bandwagon stupid ass out of here "Wahl 136"

do you even know what the stock headgasket is made out of?

Yea, I'm a bandwagon 240 owner. Once I find the cable to my digital camera I'll take pictures of my bandwagon build. You are by far the biggest idiot I've ever had to talk to. I can feel my brain cells slipping away just reading your babbling non-sence.

Save your breath trying to insult me I'm done with you.

Look at rep points, enough said! (In the sense that your in the - orange, obviously you say stupid shit and piss a lot of people off)

BTW: I never said I wanted you to get dysentery, that's just cruel.

eastcoastS14
06-05-2007, 07:55 AM
man are you serious? I hate threads like this:
-"should I buy X?"
-"no, just get Y"
-"oh, well I already but X because it was cheap, so I just wanted to kno if it sucks"

Why would you ask if something sucks after you've already bought it? Not only that but for someone with that many red squares you should know what kind of responses threads like this are gonna get...so dont post shit like this and then get heated when people give you shit about it.

1. you are going cheap ebay route on engine internals Id go OEM and pay the $20 extra just for piece of mind

B. you waited till after you bought the thing in the first place to bother finding out if its any good

third. theres already threads about this shit....fuck I think I even posted one a few weeks ago

seriously man WTF

benefitx
06-05-2007, 11:37 AM
ive searched alot , there is none.

i posted a WTB like 2 weeks ago

slider2828
06-05-2007, 02:28 PM
O hahaha I didn't know you wanted an OE hg, cause i have two lol. Anyways, hopefully you get that and do that timing chain thing. I wanna see if that maybe a good rule of thumb install when after dropping the chain or not

benefitx
06-05-2007, 02:48 PM
lol see everyone has extra oe hg's after i buy one..idk i really dont feel like waiting for another person to ship out a hG cause that will be my 4th one....but how much anyways lol

slider2828
06-05-2007, 03:10 PM
well you are across the US, going to take a week to get there... don't bother

benefitx
06-08-2007, 01:54 AM
just a few questions if someone is kind enough to answer...

when changing out the HG , does the block need to be sanded down any or scrape the old stuff out??

do i need to apply RTV anywhere?

what do i lube the head studs with , they are oe headstuds not arp, is engine assembly lube ok?

Wahl 136
06-08-2007, 09:00 AM
just a few questions if someone is kind enough to answer...

when changing out the HG , does the block need to be sanded down any or scrape the old stuff out??

do i need to apply RTV anywhere?

what do i lube the head studs with , they are oe headstuds not arp, is engine assembly lube ok?

Sand paper and the mating surface of your engine aren't the best of friends. You could create uneven spots = no seal. It needs to be measured and made "true" to determine that there are no high/low spots.

I would think a thin coat of oil would be fine. Remember you don't want a lot just enough to coat the threads.

NO NO NO RTV.

Remember to follow the torque pattern per the FSM. <- That means it's important. :hs:

benefitx
06-08-2007, 10:10 AM
so i should just leave the block alone?

and i have some engine assembly lube from when i put my bearings in...should i just put some of that on?

torque pattern says like "tighten all bolts to x amount , then tighten all bolts to x amount, LOOSEN ALL BOLTS COMPLETELY" do i loosen them in order?

oh and thanks for the neg rep everyone...it means alot to me that you would take that 5 seconds out of your life , press that little scale thing and click "I Disapprove". shows how much you care to even take the 5 seconds out of your life

Wahl 136
06-08-2007, 10:31 AM
so i should just leave the block alone?

and i have some engine assembly lube from when i put my bearings in...should i just put some of that on?

torque pattern says like "tighten all bolts to x amount , then tighten all bolts to x amount, LOOSEN ALL BOLTS COMPLETELY" do i loosen them in order?

They shop I sent my head to was milling it true to seat a new head gasket. But they also checked my block to make sure it was level also. Since I'm sure you don't want to take down your whole engine you could most likley leave the block alone.

As for oil lube on the bolts I'd check what the service manual says to use because in the same section it will tell you what order to tighten and the flbs. to tighten them down to. Since I don't recall what engine you have I'd try to get a copy of that and double check everything so you don't do any damage.

benefitx
06-08-2007, 10:40 AM
SR...i checked , it doesnt say anything about lubing them up...

Sileighty_85
06-08-2007, 11:43 AM
Well for the RTV thing on the head you actually have to apply a THIN bead of RTV on the crease where the Oil Pump Bolts to the block But Only in that spot!

When bolting down the head Use regular 10W 30 or ARP Grease USE OIL just dip the bolt in Motor Oil and make sure the threads in the block are clear of metal shavings and debris to avoid snappin one in half
Loosen the bolts in the REMOVAL Sequence as if you were taking off the head.
The retighten to 25 to 33 Ft LBs (I think) then tourque to degree

benefitx
06-08-2007, 11:50 AM
thank you so much