PDA

View Full Version : EGR Engine Harness Chaffing (95)

flipboi13
08-16-2002, 04:56 PM
I have heard in another forum that a 95 240SX owner experienced a shorted wire in the engine harness leading to the EGR valve. I was told by Nissan that I have the same problem but that I had to find the wire manually. Has anyone had this problem or could tell me where the chaffing is occuring?? Thanks.

- Phil -

95Blue240sx
08-16-2002, 07:41 PM
i have a 95 and have no idea what you are talking about.  can you explain a little more.

flipboi13
08-16-2002, 08:54 PM
My bad!  I was getting a check engine light so I had it diagnosed by Nissan.  Apparently, the electrical wire connecting the EGR valve and the ECU was cut.  This is probobly due to chafing or rubbing of the wiring on metal parts.  Unfortunately, they couldn't tell me where the cut in the wiring was, so I have to follow the wire from the EGR throughout the entire engine bay.  So I heard someone had this problem before and was wondering where the wire was cut.  Sorry, its kinda a weird thing to explain...

DarkRaptor42
08-16-2002, 10:49 PM
Why not just take the wire, cut it close the the EGR valve connector, and near where it goes to the computer, and run a new wire the distance sodering it where neccasary, no need to look all through your car for the wire.

95Blue240sx
08-17-2002, 01:08 AM
oic.  but before you run a new wire make sure theres no other splices on that wire.

invader zim?  great cartoon.

flipboi13
08-17-2002, 03:33 AM
Nice idea, but I don't feel like running a whole new wire, planning it, putting a hole in the firewall, and splicing it to the ECU harness. Thanks for the thoughts anyway guys... If anyone can figure this out, it would help cuz it probobly will take a few days to find...

flipboi13
08-19-2002, 07:08 AM
Its actually taking awhile, because I'm not too familiar with the EGR... and I'm done to the point where I need to remove parts from the engine to get at the harness.  Has anyone ever gone about removing the EGR electrical harness?? Thanks