PDA

View Full Version : oem stock electric ac fan

all stock
06-02-2007, 06:29 PM
the fan that's connected to the radiator (not the clutch fan), does it turn on for cooling purposes as well as the ac? i know it turns on when i turn on the ac, but does it turn on when the temp reaches a certain degree?

thanks

S14DB
06-02-2007, 06:48 PM
yes, It turns on when the ECU temp sender senses overheat. It just turns on ~20* earlier with the AC on. I'll open the FSM later and give you the temps.

all stock
06-02-2007, 09:50 PM
different question to the same part of the car. i recently installed a new radiator (mishimoto, very nice quality, i might add), and now the cars doesn't seem to be heating up quickly enough. (when i floor it, the temp needle visibly drops up to a bar), new thermostat is going in soon, but could it also be just the needle?

i was reading up on the thermal transmitter, and it recognizes voltage. i know i have a problem with the wiring somewhere around the engine. could this be a part of it? aftermarket temp gauge is going in soon.

S14DB
06-03-2007, 12:41 AM
You should replace the Thermostat every time you bleed the system. OE ones are cheap. I would say its stuck open as it shouldn't open till the block is up to temp.

Always good to replace the ECU temp sensor(2 wire) if it has never been done. Gives better MPG and couple hp due to timing changes if it is bad.

The dash display is worthless. Remove the one wire temp sender that goes to the dash and replace with a aftermarket temp sender and gauge

The Electric Fan comes on low speed at 203F and high speed at 212F with the AC off. The low is on all the time with the AC on and High speed at 212F.