PDA

View Full Version : I need a lil help...

bigteddyted
05-31-2007, 01:07 PM
aight heres the deal i brought a 95 auto about 4 years ago for a steal from this lady that was preggy and needed to get rid of it. The car ran fine for all this time but i think she somehow messed up the speed sensor and my odometor ran really really fast up until i did my 5sp swap. So now it reads something like 530,000 miles on it so i dont really know the millage on the car.I dont really drive it far, and i live in the city so i guess normal millage for a city driver 3 years would be what i put on it. recently i started smoking blue and that usually means im burning oil right? so i went over to my local shop and he said i could get a ka with a lil more the 100,000 for 150 without installation or i could come in a pick out a low millage s14 sr20 for 5gs instaled and everything. now i always wanted to work a ka but he also told me that if i plan to go ka-t i would end up spending alot more money on that then to just swap it and you will also save yourself a headach.

i am confused on what to do. should i go wit the sr for 5gs, try and rebuild my ka, or just do the rings on mine now and see if i stop buring the oil. i really wanted to get my car looking better this summer then to go fast. the ka is fast enough for now. any positive input will be helpful thank you .

MomentumGT
05-31-2007, 01:32 PM
i am confused on what to do. should i go wit the sr for 5gs, try and rebuild my ka, or just do the rings on mine now and see if i stop buring the oil. i really wanted to get my car looking better this summer then to go fast. the ka is fast enough for now. any positive input will be helpful thank you .

If the ka is fast enough for you it sound like you don't want to do the swap at the moment. If you're going to replace the rings, especially on a high mileage motor, I would suggest doing the valves as well. If you're looking for an excuse not to swap to an sr, which is fine a sr won't make you cooler, rebuild the ka.

-Jon

bigteddyted
05-31-2007, 01:44 PM
assuming that the rest of the motor is in good driving condition, would it smarter finacially(dont know if i spelled that right=MOney wise) to do the rings and valves, or just buying another motor and just giving it a tune up and puttin it in???

btw thank you for replyin

reflexdb
05-31-2007, 02:35 PM
"about 4 years ago for a steal from this lady that was preggy"

I love internet lingo.