PDA

View Full Version : S14 SR injector o-rings, insulators.. intake mani gasket?

DJ_Sunrise
05-29-2007, 04:53 PM
Hey guys.. I tried searching and didnt come up with much. I know that ka/sr injectors are compatible.. So are the injector orings compatible as well? Does anyone have any part numbers? Im putting new injectors into my s14 SR, and I was curious.. Should I replace the insulators? Are there top and bottom ones like on the KA? Does anyone have any tips for replacing the injectors on the S14.. Such as not having to remove the intake manifold? I can take off just the top part of the intake manifold..but is there a gasket between the upper and lower portions? When I looked it seemed to be Nissan goop shit... is this right? Im a fuel system :newbie: . Help me out :Ownedd:

Bart

DJ_Sunrise
05-30-2007, 08:55 AM
Anybody? Any insight?

-Bart

MELLO*SOS
05-30-2007, 09:27 AM
Not sure but I think the SR injectors should use the same o-rings as the KA injectors. You can buy a 'fuel injector seal kit' at the parts store which has a large and small o-ring. I'd replace the large rubber o-ring insulators if they are cracked or crumbly. BTW smear a light coat of oil on those insulator o-rings when you re-assemble and drop the rail in.. it will make installing the rail about 100x easier.

Not sure about the SR manifold gaskets, but the KA and RB have a paper gasket between the upper and lower manifolds so I'd assume SR is the same. I believe you can replace it with pure RTV with no side effects.

BTW if you put new injectors into your fuel rail, I suggest after you get the injectors bolted into the rail that you hook the rail up to the fuel lines and pressurizing it (key on only) before you bolt it down. This way you can check the bottom of each injector for leaks. If one of the (small) o-rings doesn't seat properly you'll leak fuel on that cyl and have to do the job all over.... Ask me how I know.

DJ_Sunrise
05-30-2007, 03:24 PM
Yea, I believe they are the same orings since the injectors are interchangeable. I wonder if the upper and lower insulators are same between the ka/sr?.. probably not. Hmm. Ill more than likely wind up just using rtv like you said between the manifolds. Any idea where I can find out about the insulators?? I would hate to find out mine are shot, and not know where to get them haha.

-Bart

Mirage
05-30-2007, 04:18 PM
Injectors use the same o- rings and insulators as the ka. The plenum to manifold gasket is metal, and should be fine to reuse as long as you don't mangle it. Unless someone has already replaced it.

DJ_Sunrise
05-30-2007, 05:07 PM
Thanks for the good info Mirage. Yeah, if we are talking about the gasket between upper and lower intake then it has been replaced.. just black goop. Ill use rtv, hopefully wont have any problems.

-Bart

lazierhobo
05-30-2007, 05:55 PM
spend the extra 15 dollars and get the metal gasket that goes between the upper and lower sections, you will be able to re-use it, so there is no reason not too, dealing with RTV every time sucks.